• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Juancho Taking a Bath - New Video :D

gebris353

5 Year Member
Ok, I have just finished uploading a new video of Juancho, I have to compile another one but this is it for now. The description is:

Today it's time for Juancho, my red tegu or tupinambis rufescens, to take a bath, and as you can see he likes it ver much. He doesn't seem to be very confortable with the camera, but in a moment he relax stretching his legs and sleeping in the warm water. He would remain so the whole day, he doesnt like to be taken out from it and he is so lazy that he is not even walking to the towel when I picked him up. And well, that is me.

And this is the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nglyPEP1NgQ

Hope you like it! :-D

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
I love the video. Be careful of Kaffir though. He uses torture tactics to tame his savannah monitors (i.e. holding them underwater if they misbehave).

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
Quick question about your pick. I thought that most lizard's respiratory systems stop functioning when turned upside down. People misinterpret it for relaxation. I know that Chinese water dragons can pass out from being held upside down.

gebris353

5 Year Member
Glad you liked them guys, and about the upside down, I dont force her: I'm holding her in my arms and I lean slowly, so she doesnt even "complain", she can be awale or asleep. Then I just move her. She does breath tho, so tegus may be an exception to the rule. Anyways, when she wants she turns round what can take a minute or less, I dont keep her like that. This never hurted her but I dont do it often neither as a joke or for my friends to watch her. I discovered by accident. :-D

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Aww you 2 are so cute! And i agree with shifty Kaffir is no good!

gebris353

5 Year Member
Thanks Lexi, I like the part when I'm holding her with only one hand before let her in the water and she starts trying to grab from something in the air, so I put my other hand under her little arms and she is ok again. She really knows who is holding her cause she doesnt stay for long with my parents. :-D

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I jut watched the video, and I have seen many of your others, and I still can't believe how insanely gentle your tegu is!

gebris353

5 Year Member
DZLife said:
I jut watched the video, and I have seen many of your others, and I still can't believe how insanely gentle your tegu is!

I think I've just discovered the answer to that! You know these tegus are Argentine, well, we speak spanish here and so do they! I live in Argentina so whatever I say they understand it, so they are in fact more smart than what we thought by understanding spanish! You guys speak english, so tegus may say "WTH are they talking about!" (in spanish lol). See? What would happen if you somehow appear in a Mahori island and those big guys start talking, you would be so afraid that your nervous would never let you relax! That's why Juancho is so cool, he undestand my spanish haha! Just kidding hehe. :p

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
Oh man that Tegu is just like a big lazy dog thats like whatever I don't care anymore hahaha, you can tell it really trusts you guys and knows that whatever you do for it is in its best intrests. Also how old is it if you know, and also, how long have you had it?

gebris353

5 Year Member
Thanks guys! It's a female actually but I learnt how to sex them in these forums cause Juancho was sold to me as a boy, when she was a little baby, and on MArch the 26th is turning 10 years old with me, dont know if he had one or two months when I got her. But you are right she is a just like a bog lazy dog with me when I pick her up, she seems to like it, cause she is not like that all the time when she is free roaming seh can be very fast too, I still like the when she tries to stand in her legs for food in the video where my father gives her cherries from hand. :-D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus