• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Junior eating his first mouse!

i0r

5 Year Member
Hehehe....
file.php

Thought this was some what ironic. Could it be a sign that he's ready for his first mouse?? Will wait for him to grow a bit more though.

And now that i've got your attention. He seem to love biting things. Is this normal for a hatchling?? He bites everything that's plastic or metallic. Is he just exploring for now or will he always be a biter?? I'd hate it if he keeps it up like that because he's teeth aren't getting smaller :p

Attachments

• Jr eating mouse.jpg
    514 bytes · Views: 4

GunnasGal

5 Year Member
i think hes just exploring to be honest... you need to be carefull though cause if he does become a biter then keep ur fingers well clear:) can u not try feeding him a pinkie nd see if it pasifies him a bit?

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm not real sure on this, but I believe hatchlings are more likely to flee than fight... and I don't think he believes he can eat the plastic mouse...

So I'd think this is some strange form of exploration...

Mine spent a lot of time wondering it's first summer and I never saw her tasting/biting anything... except food...

The pic is simply adorable...

i0r

5 Year Member
Thanks all for your replies. Yeah i think he's just trying to figure out what some objects are. Last week how ever when i had him under my sweater the little devil had a go at my armpit :p He wouldnt let go either. Left me with punktured skin, it stung quite a bit......and he's only 2 months old.
He'll probably calm down in a bit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980