• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Just an Introduction

DeCula

Hi everyone, just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. I'm 26 from Long Island NY, and looking to purchase my first Argentine Black and White soon. I spend the vast majority of my work day google'ing everything I can find about Argentines (and monitors, and geckos, and beardies...). Unfortunately, as I am sure most of you already know, the information available is quite varried, and often controdictory. I have had many reptiles in my younger years, but none for the past 10 or so, and I want to have the best information available to care for my future pet.

Anyway, glad to sign up, especially when I saw Varnyard runs this forum. Looking forward to talking about Tegus, and some great advice from the experts!

DeCula

JohnMatthew said:
Welcome to tegutalk, are you getting a Varnyard tegu?

I would love to, but I think I may be a little late for them this year. Most seem to have deposits on them already, and I wont be able to afford one until August :-/. If he has any available by then, he is my first choice.

kaa

5 Year Member
Welcome, and you are in the right place for the correct info. I'm sure he will have something available in August.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
yeah im pretty sure bobby will have some then, as a matter of fact last season i got my first tegu in august, another in december, and another in march this year. there are just certain pairs or types that people go for first, i can tell you he has sold out on the reds and the all americans. oh and by the way WELOME ABOARD! :bud

DeCula

Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone, you're all so friendly here! And thats great news that I may be able to get one in august. The local pet store by me, which is in my opinion a VERY good pet store, is Parrots of the World in Rockville Centre, NY. Apparently they get theirs from Argentina (or so they tell me) which is obviously not desireable, but SOMEONE needs to buy them right? I hate to think about what happens to the ones that never get sold :-/ But personally I would much rather have a Varnyard stock instead of promoting importation. I assume the ones from Argentina are captive bread, but without any ability to be sure, I'd really rather not risk it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan