• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Just for input: 87% blue X red hybrids

Beasty

5 Year Member
Ok, with rising cost of sexed Blue Tegus and the fact I seem to have a Blue female and a 75%powder blue X red male I'm thinking of breeding these two together when the time comes. I'm willing to bet the babies would be absolutely stunning, and I don't bet on anything. I've got to get more pix of them, especially the cross. Maybe I need a filter of some sort to catch that light blue but he's a looker for sure.
So, the question is:
I was wondering what the interest might be in an 87% Blue, especially if the powder blue color carried over. I have no idea why but the guy that had the hybrids several of us here got had a hard time moving them.(I heard he even sold the female! Duh! What a dummy! Just get another blue female!!) Every one I have seen looks awesome! To look at mine in person you'd never know it was a hybrid even. I actually sort of dig the idea that this will help outbreed the Blues to give the bloodline a little boost in the gene pool since the originals brought in were supposedly all siblings. I mean I'm all about keeping your tegu types pure BUT they're what I have and this needed doing anyway.

I'll not be crossing my extreme female by any means but I would breed the extreme male to a hybrid for sure if I could.

Anyone... Anyone? Bueller.... :jes

BSM

5 Year Member
If you had those i would probably buy one or better yet if you crosses your male cross with the extreme female i would def. buy one of those as i think those would look even better.

Just my 2 cents

You got any pics of the hybrid male

Bryan

Beasty

5 Year Member
I gotta get em out and take some new pix. Maybe I'll get lucky and get Powder's blue coloration. Hopefully that will intensify even. I saw pix of his mom and she was very blue, unusually so for a female. So, I'm hoping he will be even more blue without the red down the back like her. We'll see.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980