• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

just got a long call from Ty Parks and a special PM.

RobK.

Just got done talking to Ty Park , he said dump the mega ray . all i need is the 10.0 zoomed rept-isun 48'' tube and the 5000k . and one 100 watt incandescent . use cal with d3 in the winter and without when he's outside a lot . Don't worry about humidity and remove all the plexy glass in the front of my cage and use only the screen .turn the humidifier on low and there will be enough humidity in the room . Get this , he said if Roni does not turn around in the next few weeks , send Roni to him and he and his personal vet will see what up and get him back into shape ,

Also i get this i got a PM from one of our own on here ,and he say he would be glad to help me $$ if Roni dies and i want to replace him , he said he would even fork out the whole $$$ if needed . Man !!

I am ALMOST speechless .
Ty Park and my friend on here , THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH I just can't believe you guys .

God bless you both !!
RobK.
RobK. said:
Just got done talking to Ty Park , he said dump the mega ray . all i need is the 10.0 zoomed rept-isun 48'' tube and the 5000k . and one 100 watt incandescent . use cal with d3 in the winter and without when he's outside a lot . Don't worry about humidity and remove all the plexy glass in the front of my cage and use only the screen .turn the humidifier on low and there will be enough humidity in the room . Get this , he said if Roni does not turn around in the next few weeks , send Roni to him and he and his personal vet will see what up and get him back into shape ,

Also i get this i got a PM from one of our own on here ,and he say he would be glad to help me $$ if Roni dies and i want to replace him , he said he would even fork out the whole $$$ if needed . Man !!

I am ALMOST speechless .
Ty Park and my friend on here , THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH I just can't believe you guys .

God bless you both !!
RobK.

just got another e-mail from TY

''Hey Rob,

One suggestion: I am floored that he is growing that quickly. Since you are planning on keeping him outdoors most of the time and he also has good source of UVB, I recommend that you use calcium WITHOUT D3 every day with his food. The rate he is growing, he needs calcium. I would also use Heptivite twice a week at the 1/2 recommended (by the label) rate. Good Luck!
Ty''

seriously !!

i am so the amazed and thankful to the two kind men , that MADE my day today .:):D

I ''WAS'' feeling really down !!

dabears51

RobK. said:

I am ALMOST speechless .

God bless you both !!
RobK.
RobK. said:

I am ALMOST speechless .

God bless you both !!
RobK.

just got another e-mail from TY

''Hey Rob,

One suggestion: I am floored that he is growing that quickly. Since you are planning on keeping him outdoors most of the time and he also has good source of UVB, I recommend that you use calcium WITHOUT D3 every day with his food. The rate he is growing, he needs calcium. I would also use Heptivite twice a week at the 1/2 recommended (by the label) rate. Good Luck!
Ty''

That is awesome! I have never talked to Ty personally but from what he wrote to you, seems like a great guy! I really hope Roni gets better real fast.

RobK.

[/quote]

That is awesome! I have never talked to Ty personally but from what he wrote to you, seems like a great guy! I really hope Roni gets better real fast.
[/quote]

yes , really nice !!

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Glad to know Ty helped you out Rob. As I mentioned, if you need any sort of help I stand by the offer. Do keep us posted on Roni's health, is he doing any better today?

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That's nice of Ty to reach out. I met him once at the Daytona show and talked with years ago about some snakes. (I'm sure he remembers neither, lol). I am quite jealous of his set ups and collections, as is everyone! He seems to put a lot of time/money into his stock.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I never talked to ty on the phone but many times threw email and he seems like a very nice guy,and has very nice reptiles.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I think he has a fb that shows his cages,reptiles.Here you go http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tys-Lizards/188828187820956

RobK.

TeguBuzz said:
Glad to know Ty helped you out Rob. As I mentioned, if you need any sort of help I stand by the offer. Do keep us posted on Roni's health, is he doing any better today?

You and ty made my day , that's for sure !!!!

thank you soooooo much .

Noskire

RE: just got long call from Ty Parks and a special PM.

Great news Rob! Ty is in my opinion the most approachable of the large breeders. Readers Please dont rip me for saying so. It is my honest opinion and nothing more.
My first and only Tegu was from Bert L. (Who I really miss) and my next will probably be from Ty.
My Rhino is from Ty as you know and is a great animal. I am on his lists for a couple other lizards as his projects pan out.
Your situation will work out for the best I know it.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Yeah ty seems to be one of the better larger breeders,and has some nice animals.If i need a rhino ill go to rob ehrig,tegu maybe ty.

RobK.

RE: just got long call from Ty Parks and a special PM.

Noskire said:
Great news Rob! Ty is in my opinion the most approachable of the large breeders.

I agree !! if i need to put Roni down , i will get one form him or David Blair ,
BUT i only want a male , so ??

Roni is not doing good today and he did not eat a thing . and he seems very much in pain or irritated . ?? I am not so sure his ear membranes are shedding like they should . ? His jaw bone is right next to them , so that could be another possibility . someone on kingsnake said he thinks its neurological problem and not to spend another dime , as i could buy three rhinos for the 700+ i spent .Roni is special to me and i will do as much $$ as i can '' IF'' it would help . That's the BIG IF !! My pets are not disposable to me just because a vet bill is more than the cost of a new one . I hate it when people tell me that . or look at animal that way . I bring a pet into my home and its my responsible for his welfare , it life depends on me and i don't take that lightly .

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I understand. I just spent $280 on ferrets at the vet yesterday. They are rescues I took in and both have serious health issues. I could get another ferret for less than $100, but these are sweet older girls who already had a rough enough life. I worked for my money and it is where I choose to spend it. I took them in, so I'm not going to let them suffer.

As for Rhinos, I'd feel comfortable purchasing and working with Ty, Rob, or David. They are all three up there in my book. No one should rip you for your opinion, Noskire. We each have our breeders or people who's opinion we respect. I don't think anyone is going to argue that Ty isn't quality. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980