• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

just wondering

Aba Zappa

OK so first off if anyone has a range of the months when these go in and out of hibernation i would like to know seeing as i can't find it anywere.

So winter is pretty much over here in NJ ( not that we even really has one) and the weather has been warming up lately. Naturally i got excited when i saw terrance for the first time since... December, so after him being out for three days i went and changed all his substrate. Now though he's back under and haven't him seen a week or so.

pretty much what this all boils down to should he still be hibernating if so how much longer and if not, what do you think is going on here.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
When i had tegus i know my reds always hibernated alittle longer then my a/b/w tegus sometimes till middle of april.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hibernation is generally September-April. Anytime inside of these months is normal.

Dana C

My guys did the same thing. We had a couple of weeks of nice weather, sunny days and a 30+" barometer. The weather the last couple of weeks changed, with intermittent showers and some very light snow. Now they are out every couple of days for a short bask and a drink. My guess is that it will be another week or so before they are really out of hibernation.

Aba Zappa

OK guess i'm just getting impatient here.... tired of people coming in my room seeing a giant enclosure and asking me what i'm goin to put in there.

Aba Zappa

Well April is well over with and Terrance is still not out, starting to get upset. I do know he is alive cause once a week or so something new will be knocked over, but i have yet to see him out at all. Right now my temps are 107-110 in the basking spot rest of the tank is a gradient from that down to about 75-80 the humidity is anywhere from 60%-80%. Should i up the temps at all? I feel like he should be out by now, am I the only one or are some of your guys still hibernating?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980