• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Juvi Tegu Hibernation Help?

mguy

5 Year Member
My black and white gu has been hibernating for about a month he is about 5-7 months is that okay for hibernation? I tried waking him up and but he went right back to sleep. How long should this last? And I didn't induce hibernantion he started it its my first gu and im kind off worried plze help

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
well to begin with dont desturb the tegu, just let him sleep. the usualy wake up around march when its spring. its very natural so dont worry too much.also when it comes to hibernation the tegu will do every thing themselves.

evergreen44

5 Year Member
mguy said:
My black and white gu has been hibernating for about a month he is about 5-7 months is that okay for hibernation? I tried waking him up and but he went right back to sleep. How long should this last? And I didn't induce hibernantion he started it its my first gu and im kind off worried plze help

Hey is your baby still in hibernantion? and what's ur basking temp?

i just got mine three days ago, and the basking temp is 110, the cool side is 80 but she just go burrow herself since the first day i got her and not moving till i get her out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029