• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Kages VS AP-T100?

rantology

Hey everyone, Does anyone have recommendations or experience between AnimalPlastics and Kages? I tried to do some googling on this but I didn't have much luck in finding any comparisons. I'm looking to get Darrow (as I've decided on his name now :D ) his big boy cage in the coming months. Kages are objectively more expensive than AP cages by a hefty margin and I'm wondering if there is anything included in that price that makes them worth the increase. Otherwise I suppose it makes more sense to just go with the AP-T100

(I saw there was a post with the same question on here 1 year ago but no replies, figured I'd give it another shot)

bsshig40

First off, I built my own enclosure using a white tile board but it still can't handle the constant humidity. I looked at kages and AP quite a bit. Kages are quite a bit more than AP but I think I get more for my money with AP. I think besides price also, is the time frame on getting the enclosure. Kages time frame is much shorter than AP but you pay a lot more for it. My enclosure will last for the 5 months I have to wait on an AP enclosure. I ordered an AP T-100 a month ago. I get led lighting and coasters for it and will still be about $700 cheaper than Kages. I will patiently await for that.

rantology

bsshig40, This was my conclusion as well from what I could dig up. APC = Wait time can be up to 4-6 months (some reviews of spotty communication as well- thats the part I'd be most worried about)..... Kages = it'll arrive within a month. Kages also make you unload it from the truck.... I asked them and they said it's an 8'x4'x11" pallet that weighs 300 lbs.... ... for me Kages would be about 400$ more (assuming we can somehow get it out of the truck ourselves)

APCages definitely have the nicest customization options and best prices, the casters and the basking shelf especially.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980