• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Kane Heat Mat? Tinfoil?

nohotegu

5 Year Member
Two questions:
Anyone have any experience with Kane brand heat mats? Do most people use heat mats in combination with lights to keep up the ambient temp? Aaaaand lastly! I feel like I read something about using tinfoil if you have a screen top to help keep in moisture and humidity. Did I make that up?

:) Thank you friends!

jor71

5 Year Member
The tin foil works, that is what I use. I am not familiar with the heat mats, so I can't help you there.

Back to the tinfoil, what I have done is cover up most of the open space with it (taped the edges). I left one part open for the fluorescent and another for the basking light. I also place some wet (not soaked) towels over the covered area for added measures.

You will need to play around until you can get he humidity to 70%.

What size and kind of enclosure are you using?

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
i use tile and tin foil, but tin foil just crumples up too easily and i have to replace it once every month or so for many reasons, but it should work
and that just reminds me to replace the tin foil

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
We use the tin foil covered with black duct tape, it makes it look more professional. I also add an extra 6" square hole and make a removable flap to adjust humidity. I also put the water bowl partially over the UTH to increase humidity. 70% is no problem without misting.

argus333

5 Year Member
i use kane heat pads but only for outside and at night i just use lights inside the wattage depends on how hot the room is. i only need 100 watt bulbs because the room my lizards are in is 80 to 90 on its own.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me