• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Krone is back!

dabears51

Hey guys. I've been so busy with work that I haven't had the chance to give an update on Krone. He's 1 year old already! I got him in March of this year from Rob Ehrig. He was a bit feisty when he was younger but has mellowed out a bit since then. He will still hiss and whip his tail a bit when I try to pick him up but will allow me to pet him and hand feed him.

He's been a joy to have! He (I call him he but don't know for sure yet) eats real well and LOVES his tortoise chow! The only things he really doesn't like are the stems of the collard/turnip greens, squash and carrots. He also won't eat the green pellets out of the Iguana Diet. Kinda weird but hey, to me that shows personality. lol.

I allow him to roam my livingroom almost everyday under close supervision. He loves to climb my furniture and has gone all the way up a 6ft metal shelving unit that holds all my pets including Krone's enclosure. He'll even sleep all the way on top of the shelving unit. There's a light fixture close to the wooden shelf that stays warm. He'll lie on top of that for hours if I let him. For those who are nervous about him climbing, he knows how to come down without falling.

The only thing I haven't been able to do because of time is train him to go in a tub full of warm water. I wish I could though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JEfC_ETWBM&feature=youtu.be

ENJOY!

RobK.

very nice iguana !!!!!!!!

Mine was showing his Hemipenis at about a year . if you can get him /her to go poop ion a clear tube and it shows this it a male for sure ,BUT iit may not show and still be a male or female . The Hemipenis is the last think is see when my Rhino goes poop . putting them in warm water will trigger them to go poop , IF yours likes it ., its a great way to keep you cage clean , just dump the water in the toilet , also look for bulges on each side of the tail , with an dent in the middle . A female will have a bulge in the middle past the vent towards the tail .

hemipenis.jpg

See the bulge on the left side of his vent , looking down from the top you will see it on both side , fairly prominent is its a male , but yours may still not show it , they don't always do at a year but should before two . My male grew like gang-busters , so he showed signs of being a possibly male early .

sexingroni4.jpg

Not the best photo because , its hard to see in this photo because of the lighting but there is a dent / cup in the middle between the bulges on the side .

sexingroni1.jpg

sometimes its hard to see without comparing yours to another . but the pores tend to be bigger on males

sexingrhoni.jpg

and they can be real sweethearts

roniandme-1.jpg

roniandme73012.jpg

he slept on my chest all night a .

Ronisleepingonme2012.jpg

sweet but manly too .LOL

roni2012oc.jpg

also a good way to get him to let you hold him , is don't let him know you are , at first . now that he's eating out of you and . move you hand farther away and see if he will step on your nad to get the Muzuri TC or banana . Then put both hand there and the treat and the farthest hand , he will be just getting a the treat yet you will be holding him . after he get use to that , move your hand up and down a little more each day . do this inside his cage if possible so he can jump down if he feel threatened .

I did a video explaining this a little , and what i did with mine . not the best video .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GBMeghJNVo&list=UURYBDYZZ4Zr7EYLOgGSsuQQ&index=3&feature=plcp

dabears51

Thanks for the info! I will try the warm water tub method and see if he/she can poop in there. I'm real curious to know what sex Krone is. I'm assuming boy and would hate to change the name. lol. Only time will tell.

RobK.

dabears51 said:
Thanks for the info! I will try the warm water tub method and see if he/she can poop in there. I'm real curious to know what sex Krone is. I'm assuming boy and would hate to change the name. lol. Only time will tell.

Thats why i called mine Roni , i figured it could be boy or girl , i could drop the I for Y . LOL Do you think spelling his name Roni vs Rony is ok for a boy ?

Ok i found this so i guess i am good . its either

Search results

Roni | Name Meaning & Origin | Boy or Girl Name Roni | Baby ...
The meaning of the name Roni is 'My song'. This page offers more name info like origin, popularity, variants, usage by language, public feedback, pronunciation ...
babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/meaning_of_Roni.html - Cached

I looked it up and , Krone is a girls name , but sound manly to me .

Krone | Krone Name Meaning & Origin | Irish Girl Krone Name
List of Irish baby boy names (male) , baby girl names (female) & Irish name meanings has been compiled from various resources. Please use this list of Irish baby ...
www.babynology.com/meaning-krone-f33.html - Cached

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980