• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Lack of teeth on lower jaw?

Marlene

5 Year Member
Well, we were watching our B&W eat and Johnny noticed that it looked like it doesn't have any teeth on it's lower jaw. It's still a young tegu, only about a foot long, no green on the head and has a lot of scars and/or burns on its head. The upper jaw seems to have all of its teeth. Are the teeth in the lower jaw just harder to see, could it be that those teeth haven't grown in yet, or could it be that it's starting to lose some baby teeth really early (if they even drop their baby teeth)?

I haven't pried its mouth open to really look or take photos, but I watched it eat every single cricket and stared at its lower jaw the entire time.

White_Lotus

5 Year Member
hmmmm thats really weird i know all 3 of my tegus have teeth on the top and bottom(because i have been bitten lol) but only on my larger tegus you can see the lower jaw's teeth.

Marlene

5 Year Member
Next time she wakes up I'll have to open up her mouth and take a look. I know I can see both sets of teeth on my Colombian, so maybe it's an Argentine thing? Or Johnny and I are just blind... I know I almost am! lol

White_Lotus

5 Year Member
it may be an argentine thing i can only see my youngest(2ft long) tegu's bottom tegu when he's first reaching for a rat straight from the tongs. I don't think your blind i think those teeth are just teeny tiny :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980