• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Large Tegu Enclosure

Penny&Dollar

Hello everyone I while back I built a very large and very expensive tegu enclosure for penny and dollar, ended up divorce and my son ended up with the tegus. I ended up with a large empty enclosure no longer need it still brand new nothing has ever been in it only three bottles of ciroc, its a two pcs enclosure bottom part and top part are exactly the same 7' long x 3' wide x 18" high when stacked on top its three feet tall bottom part is lined with shower liner and sealed tight 18" deep is way more then enough for you tegu to borrow and dig. Also has a large cement tub for your tegu to soak in. I will include two brand new heat emitter bulbs. The filtration system and thermostats are not include I spent around or over $1000.00 to build this not looking to get it all back but at least $500.00 than you.. I can't ship its way to heavy if your located or are willing to drive to Florida that's the only way.

Attachments

• ADELIS - WIN_20140509_173735.JPG
    ADELIS - WIN_20140509_173735.JPG
    184 KB · Views: 163
  • ADELIS - WIN_20140805_113645.JPG
    ADELIS - WIN_20140805_113645.JPG
    188.1 KB · Views: 138
  • ADELIS - WIN_20140509_173654.JPG
    ADELIS - WIN_20140509_173654.JPG
    201 KB · Views: 133

Penny&Dollar

That's the lowest I'm willing to go sir, I spent 1000.00 on it 500.00 is way more then fair your getting the two heat emitter bulbs as well as the reptifogger.

Rebecca Stout

Wow, that is a really low price for something so nice and with everything like that. I hope you get the price you want. And I hope you are able to unload it soon. Good luck.

Ralph DeMayo

That $1000 to build, are you adding some labor time pricing in there? I'm a carpenter who also has been breeding Burms and retics for the last 15 yrs. I've been building 8x3x24" enclosures for a long time. Melamine, plex, hardware..I'm able to get it done for less then $200. Just wondering what you used that skyrocketed the cost?? Looks good by the way, nice home for anyone in need of an enclosure in FL.

Penny&Dollar

@ Ralph first off don't know what type of carpenter you are but if you read and look really well you'll be able to see this ain't melamine,this is 3/4 plywood four sheets. Sanded down and lined with shower liner witch is pricey plus can of adhesive box of tiles trimming laminate flooring screws and so on light bulbs light fixtures canister filter herpstat ,cement tub reptifoger I can go on if you read on material alone I spent 700.00 that mean wood screws glass witch by the way was 160 each side special cut shiver glass came measured stain clear coat and so on and had to pre order the molding on top. That's not including herpstat and canister filter witch is why I said $500.00 and I even when down to four hundred cause that canister filter and the thermostat was very pricey. Don't really know how your a carpenter and couldn't tell that much! Like you said yourself you build cheap **** out of melamine once again you can't use melamine with tegu enclosure it warps from high humidity and deep substrate. So please bob the builder don't tell me what I've put down on this when everything came out my pockets not YOURS. ALWAYS HAS TO BE SOMEONE THINKING THEY KNOW IT ALL

Ralph DeMayo

"The filtration system and thermostats are not include I spent around or over $1000.00 to build this not looking to get it all back but at least $500.00 than you.. I can't ship its way to heavy if your located or are willing to drive to Florida that's the only way."
That was you're last sentence in your post. Did you build the cannister filter and stat too? Your looking for $500 because that's what it cost you to build it(if that), If you put a bar of gold in the enclosure, you might say it cost you around $8,000 to build. You keep building enclosures for Gu's you don't even have and I'll keep enjoying my Gu in my non warped melamine enclosure. With all that said, sorry about the divorce, I went through one recently too.
Peace

Rebecca Stout

Hey, it cost me a great deal to build my own. Everything depends on what you use. A LOT of it depends on where you live. The price of wood, glass and materials was insane in my area. So if this includes the lighting and everything it's not out of line in some areas. I suspect its not for many parts. Not all of us know carpenters, places to get overstock or used, have materials so accessible, etc. Heck darn, if I recall my lighting cost 200 alone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980