• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

leash or harness trained?

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Mike said:
I don't like leashes with any herp.
We only use the leashes on our adults when we're outside in public (son's baseball game). Yesterday we had two of them at the vet for checkups just walking all over the place.

COWHER

5 Year Member
dorton said:
I took these pics about a week or so ago. She did great, just put it on and guided, not pulled her where I was going. When she starts spending more time out of the dig I will work on it more. I am using a iguana harness, and if fits like it should. The ferret harness on little guy does not do so well, but even this big iguana harness works well for him.

tegu.jpg

tegu1.jpg

looks dark like my tegu is going to be

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
Mike said:
I don't like leashes with any herp. Nice pics though, dorton. She has nice coloring.

Exactly. I love the dark ones more than high whites by a longshot. And I don't like leashes on any herps. Don't really like em on dogs but laws are laws and Uncle Sam wants my first born.

CaseyUndead

5 Year Member
So.. Do you guys take your tegus for walks down the street as you would with a dog or something?

Somehow i'd imagine that that would cause a lot of car wrecks, because i don't think that's something most drivers see all the time.. :lol:

COWHER

5 Year Member
CaseyUndead said:
So.. Do you guys take your tegus for walks down the street as you would with a dog or something?

Somehow i'd imagine that that would cause a lot of car wrecks, because i don't think that's something most drivers see all the time.. :lol:

I don't walk him like a dog cuz he is so dang slow, but I walk around my block or to the store with him on my shoulder, sure

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029