• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Life is bittersweet

dorton

5 Year Member
A good friend of mines wife was diagnosed with ALS while she was pregnant. She gave birth to a beautiful little girl, but the pregnancy just zapped the life out of her. She passed his morning.
She was diagnossed last feburary, and was told she had a year to live. Its so sad, I was with him when he met her, I was in their wedding...It just doesnt fell right. I still picture her the way we met her. She was the youngest case of ALS that any of the local hospitals have seen.
What a shame. But, before she left, she gave the world a beautiful girl to carry on her legacy.
Later
Justin :cry:

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sorry about your friend.

A friend of mine has MS. He has a 10 year old son and may never see graduate from High School. He's doing the best he can to have quality time with him before he's not able to.

COWHER

5 Year Member
dude that article is crushing I cant imagine loosing my wife or anyone like that. my prayers go out to you and everyone affected by Keri's passing.

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
It's a feeling like no other trying to comprehend what has been done to you by the entity or person you look to for existence. We try so hard to deal with the wrongs that have been done to us. Sometimes people tell you that it was "God's Will" or something or someone's will and everyone will recover with time, but you don't. No one ever does. We spend every second worried about money, work, responsibilities, bills, and it all amounts to nothing. We never truly stop to recognize that the only thing that keeps us going is eachother, and when any part of that is lost, part of yourself is lost. Eventually you become numb to a specific tragedy, but time is like a pain-killer, it numbs the pain, but can never be healed. Each day goes by and we find ourselves needing more and more time. Time does nothing for us but prolong the problem. I hope everyone recognizes that one day, you'll be in intense pain, and the next day someone you know will be. You will do your best to try and take some of it from them, but you understand that you can not. But sometimes, words and sentiment can steal some. You can not offer to help get rid of pain, or suffering. It's in your words and in your support that you can secretly steal it from them, to help them live on. So I offer to steal your pain when you are not looking.

(When my grandfather died, I changed. I lost it. I was put on anti-depressants. anti-anxiety meds, counseling, everything. Nothing worked. So one day when a friend punched me in the face and then offered to help me finish the car my grandfather and I were building, I realized that he was trying to steal pain. So I wrote this in a book I keep hidden from most, and wanted to share it with you dorton. I offer to steal your pain when you are unaware.)

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Drew, that was an awesome post bro, it really hits close to home. I lost my mother when I was just 16 years old, my father walked away when I was seven. Sometimes it is the ones that are alive than can hurt you too.

nat

5 Year Member
sorry for your loss :( I know the undescribable feelings that must be going through your head (and heart) as I lost my dad to lung cancer when he was only 40 and I was 18. Chronic terminal illness is such a surreal experience, one that no one (including friends and family) should have to experience. my thoughts are with you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan