• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Little wake up call during hibernation...opps

b455m4573r

5 Year Member
Hey Everyone

I have a BNW tegu and he was hibernating (he sort of just did it on his own)

He has a nice cave so i havent turned the lights of completely.

He is very tame, like a puppy, he will crawl on you and cuddle and all those nice things. So when the younger family members come over ( like ages 5-9) all they want to do is pet the tegu and carry him around like a baby (he seems to enjoy the attention).

Anyways

My 7 year old cousin comes over and goes straight to the tegu tank to pick him up and carry him and such. She picks him up and he wakes up and just enjoys the pets, the thing is that he hasent gone back to sleep since...

Does it do any damage being woken up during hiberantion?

Or was it close enough to the end date that it wont make a difference

Thanks

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Offer some food IMO, get a jumpstart on the 2009 growing season :) .. I think if he wants to go back into hibernation for a bit longer he will, wouldn't be too concerned. Make sure he's got fresh water. My boy had a similar rude awakening a couple months ago, drank what seemed a ton of water then went back down.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I checked on my about 2 weeks ago. After that they came out for 3 days so I turned the lights back on. Then I decided to leave the light off and they went back under.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980