• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Long time lurker finally saying hello!

G

Hey there!

I've been lurking here a few months now, and now that I'm going to be getting my tegu in a week, I figured it's time for me to stop lurking.

I'm sadly not going to be getting a baby from bobby- I live in a secure apartment complex, and I don't trust mail/package delivery here at all. Maybe sometime in the future, but not this time around. A baby Argentine black and white just came into the local reptile store out here in Portland, and once they've made sure he/she is healthy and eating properly, and once I finish my cage, I'll be picking it up :)

I've been working on converting what I'm assuming is the table that went with a hutch, into a suitable enclosure that will last a while. It's 6ft long, over 2ft high, and about 20 inches deep. I just need to seal the wood and vinyl tile, add the lighting and the doors and I'll be done :D

I thankfully live a couple of blocks away from the local grocery store, so it'll be easy to get ground turkey, chicken hearts, livers, and eggs. I'm unsure of whether the reptile store I'm getting the tegu from is feeding live or frozen, but if its eating live, I'll be trying to switch over to pre-killed as soon as possible.

I'm trying to do everything right, so I'll have a nice long-lived and tame tegu. I'm not too worried about tameness at this point though. I already met the little one and it's really friendly. I'm beyond excited for my new gu. ^^

I currently have a two year old southern Alligator lizard who I've managed to tame down quite nicely. She's wild caught, but holding onto her is the best thing I can do, as she was accidentally brought into the country as a baby by another person who found her in their RV when they got home from a trip to Baja.

And, that's pretty much it to know about me. Other than my dreams of being an artist. Once I finish the last two paintings I've been commissioned to do, I'll start painting tegus :)

If you can't tell, I'm hopelessly obsessed. But I don't think that's a problem. I'll be putting up a post later to show off the cage I'm putting together :) and another to show off Kamikaze, my Alligator Lizard.

See you guys around!

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
welcome aboard, congrats on your future tegu, and i cant wait to see those tegu painting ;^)!!!

G

Thanks guys :) I'll definitely be posting lots of pics after I bring my gu home. Once I get the cage done (and its nearly done!) I'll be posting about that too!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan