• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Looking For

Kazzy

5 Year Member
My buddy and I are looking to purchase adult breeding crested geckos and leopard geckos, possibly other species. Message me what you have!!!

Tux

5 Year Member
A) To breed you want to be buying directly from good lines whom will show you linage to make sure no inbreeding happened within 5-6 generations.

B) Good luck finding female cresteds for sale this time of year.

C) Really do you REALLY want to breed leos? IMO the world has enough leo breeders and selling them becomes a big pain in the butt, I recommend running your numbers on that one.

D)Be sure what you wish to breed, possibly other species sounds a bit unplanned. Approach it like a business, have a defined plan.

I'm not trying to sound like a ****, I just know how often ppl jump into breeding. Personally if I breed it will be not so common species (for example viper geckos in Ontario and Canada in general are uncommon). Genetics of what you breed are hugely important and you will want proof which any reliable breeder should provide.

Kazzy

5 Year Member
Oh, I'm not new to breeding. We just stopped because of school and are wanting back in. My buddy is really the one wanting the leos (gah...I'm really trying to talk him out of that), I want to do cresties and chewies (hopefully, if I can find any adults). Once we are out of this apartment and have a yard we'll be getting into tegus (Black and Whites, Giants, and maybe Colombians if we can do it).

So we aren't new to this, don't worry :)

Beazer

5 Year Member
I work with chahouas. Female chahouas are hard to come by and be careful of retired breeders being sold as breedable females. If you go about chewies start with babies and wait the 2 1/2 yrs to breed the females.

-Jon DeLong

Kazzy

5 Year Member
That's probably what I'll do in the future.

Alright...update for the add...don't need anymore leos! Convinced my buddy to just stick to a few, and we've already found three females (already have a 1.1 pair at home). So just looking for crested geckos!

Kazzy

5 Year Member
Not looking for chewies just yet, not until I get a bit more cash. I'll see about contacting Puffdragon.

Kazzy

5 Year Member
Don't need any more critters, but...I'm in need of a BUNCH of feeders, so I'm looking around.

I hate going and buying from the pet stores here, because it's so expensive and they never have what I want.

I'm needing B. Dubia roaches, I won't use other kinds.
Super worms...a bunch of them.

Let me know if you have any, or know of a GREAT place to buy them in bulk for cheap. Thanks!

Markie

5 Year Member
Kazzy,

Have you ever looked on Anthony Caponetto's website? He has awesome "grab bags" for sale, which are three baby crested geckos for about $180. I guess it sounds pretty expensive, but if you go on the forums on there, people get some nice stuff out of those bags. I know I am going to get one a bit later this year! Just something to think about. I couldn't stay away from cresteds either :)

Kazzy

5 Year Member
Oh, I know. I'm a member over at those forums (my username is Katiescresteds, not to be confused with Kati's Cresties). We were looking for adults, and have already spent our budget, just waiting for the weather to warm up for shipping. Thanks :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980