• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Looking to adopt/buy a tegu in Texas

Ruby

Hello, I’ve been in search for a sub adult-adult tegu in north Texas. I have been looking for over 6 months to make sure I am 100% ready for a tegu. I would prefer it come with an enclosure but it’s not a requirement. I have 6 years prior in reptile experience and can give more info wanted.

LizardStudent

I would recommend Rose City Reptiles, a well known breeder in Texas. One from him won't come with an enclosure, but he is fantastic and breeds wonderful healthy tegus that he works with constantly

Ruby

I would recommend Rose City Reptiles, a well known breeder in Texas. One from him won't come with an enclosure, but he is fantastic and breeds wonderful healthy tegus that he works with constantly
I have contacted him but breeding has not started yet this year. I’ve also checked underground reptiles since they seem to be pretty good but the only one they had in stock was $3500 and thats a little much haha.

LizardStudent

I have contacted him but breeding has not started yet this year. I’ve also checked underground reptiles since they seem to be pretty good but the only one they had in stock was $3500 and thats a little much haha.
I personally would never buy from underground as they are prone to selling wild caught and farm bred animals, and since they are a large wholesale seller a lot of their animals are not well cared for and arrive sickly. That being said, some people buy from them without issue, I just personally don't recommend them

Ruby

I personally would never buy from underground as they are prone to selling wild caught and farm bred animals, and since they are a large wholesale seller a lot of their animals are not well cared for and arrive sickly. That being said, some people buy from them without issue, I just personally don't recommend them
I’ve heard mixed reviews on them. A dear friend has 6 great tegus (very jealous lol) from them but I’ve also seem some sick ones come in. The captive bred ones seem to Be okay but the wild caught/farm raised ones are hit or miss.

Mich lady

Honestly, I would order from rodney Irwin at tegus only.com. I got my male black and white from him. And there are others on this forum that bought from him. You would be saving a life by getting one from him. He has all sizes and ages.

Dylan koch

I have 2 red males for sale the larger is the calmer of the 2 both are super calm except smaller one in direct sunlight I have to crouch down both fed very well about a year and half each I was told but was told one was female

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980