• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Looks like the beast got REALLY tamed!

i0r

5 Year Member
Ok, this is something some what silly. But for me it's very important since I took on an adult wild tegu. So I thought I'd share this situation with you all.

I got a pretty not intelligent nor bright dog. The thing is he always learns to open up doors. And the thing is that today when i went out to work the little genius managed to open Juanchas enclosure(it's a big previous dog pen in my backyard) so the door was widely open all day. And i know Juancha is always very eager to get out for a free roam in the park. So then i get home and thought to go check on Juancha......then i see the door to her enclosure wide open. MY HEART STOPPED BEATING! I wanted to die......all the hard work and long hours i spent taming her........to my surprise....she's lying there very peacefully.....basking. I felt so lucky and so proud of myself, because now i know that she really enjoys living here with me. She had all day to take off to where ever she wanted.....but she decided to stay.

All thanks to THIS guide to tame tegus.
So thank you Varnyard for providing the info helping me tame and care for my tegu in a way that not only makes it more pleasant for us the owners....but for the animal as well. :app :woot :roon

i0r

5 Year Member
Hehe....yea i still can't believe it myself.
Obviously padlock on her gate from now on :p

Tegu Tank

5 Year Member
man this story brings tears to my eyes :bawl seems to be a lot of trust there i hope one day ill be able to make my tegu as happy as urs is

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980