• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

lost ball python

kellen.watkins

no, i lost my baby tegu and found her 4 days, just look where there could be heat (washer dryer stove refridgerator water heater ect) in any furniture he/she could crawl up in stuff like that, balls dont move much either im sure your not screwed

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
balls dont move much either

yeah when they are in a safe secure place that is. I think you will be amazed at some of the places snakes can hide. My friend lost his bp and found it all the way down stairs in the garage inside the car. How he made it that far? Beats me.

Your best bet is to check all the tight places and warm places. Look behind things like the stove,freezer,frig,heaters... Just look for warm dark tight places to find him. Hopefully you will.

And next time get a lock! Btw do you have any pic's of your set up?

kellen.watkins

Ok I give you that, my ex's ball python got loose and she couldn't find her for I think almost 2 weeks and if I remember correctly the snake found her lol

jtpowers

My bet is the couch...and not just under the cushions, but actually turn it over and check the springs and supports up inside. It's easy to access from snake ground level, seems secure, and deadens sound so it would feel like a good hideaway.

You can also put down a little flour in doorways to see if she is travelling from room to room or within a room at night, or even leave a thawed feeder mouse in the bathroom overnight, inside or near a secure hide, and you may just find her curled up there in the morning.

Good luck!

tora

I lost a full grown rainbow boa once, he was gone for at least a week and nothing was working. Then one day I accidently leave the sink full up from thawing tegu food. Guess who I found in it the next day when I got home from work!

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
I really like the couch and flour idea. You should deff give that a try. I don't know about the frozen feeder, I wouldn't like having a mouse out over night and who knows if a snake like a bp would risk security for a meal? Then again snakes are opportunistic feeders so all is worth a try

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My boyfriends dad lost his ball for about a week once. He ended up being inside the back of the couch.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
How long has it been since you noticed it was gone and when was the last time it ate? If it ate recently, it's probably posted up some where not too far from the cage and or in the same room. If it's been a while since it ate and you noticed it was gone then I would widen the search area.

I have found my Bps in crazy places over the years. The craziest was at the top of the bathroom closet sliding doors. Since that day,.. :rolleyes: I laugh when people say Bps don't like to climb.:) It took hella determination for it to get up there and it didn't want to come out either.

Hippo

sorry guys i haven't been on this website in forever btw i never found him i was kinda bummed out but it is what it is. all though i did buy a new snake its a spider ball and got better locks than the ones i had before.i also picked up a baby frilled dragon thats pretty cool and new for me. i just thought id apologize for not replying to all of your comments

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
My best friend's oldest brother had an 11-foot boa constrictor named Baggy that he and his college room mates used to let free home their house. Apparently, they would just shut/lock all the windows and doors and let the snake go wherever it wanted. I know, it's a moronic idea to do this with a snake that size. One day, Baggy upped and vanished. Two weeks later someone noticed a coil sticking in between two of the couch cushions while everyone was watching football.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029