• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Lovers

naturboy87

Ablout last week Francis started talking to Aesop huffing puffing , gently nugging and nibbling at her neck and then walaaa she lifted her tail he grabed her by the neck skin not breaking the skin thow and they mated about 3 times right then and she was verry willing ... :D now he followes her around like wiped for shur lol seems a lil early to be mating but im still learning about theas guys .. and Aesop is huge eating almost every day and big big belly but she is still a sweet hart. and Francis rarly eats part if mating season i think ...:-/ and is quite agressive around her . [attachment=3822] [attachment=3823] [attachment=3824]

Attachments

• tegu mating 1.jpg
    tegu mating 1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • tegu mating 2.jpg
    tegu mating 2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
  • tegu mating 3.jpg
    tegu mating 3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bubblz Calhoun said:
Why so soon, they're still young not even 2yrs old yet? Just because you can and or she's willing doesn't mean you should.

Its about the right age for the giants, blizard and sugar also sarge and cream werent even 2 y/o when they had their first clutches,this is the reason I'm seperating storm from rayne he can breed before 2 y/o she can't, although it probably wont take if neither hibernated their first year, so francis is the male and aesops the femae huh? Wow we had it backwards

naturboy87

she is a big big girl i would let it hapen as it dus im defenantaly not forcing it eather way and he is not terring her up at all so just as long as they get along and do their thing i will be seeing whut hapens . but i do beleave that Aesop has picked a den wich Francis furesly defends the entrence wen she is in their .... the out door pen i made i desined to mach the natural home as much as posible while still being in my back yard .

thanks for the info on the extremes :)

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That doesn't change the fact that she's still a sub adult, meaning not fully mature. It's one thing to breed a young male when he's ready and the complete opposite for a female who's young, still growing and may not be fully developed. She's the one that does all the work for those eggs to be viable and that can take a lot out of adults let alone younger animals.

It reminds me of people who breed puppies on their first heat. Or even back to back heats with no consideration for the toll it takes on the animal.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
:D That's hilarious and not the least bit true,.. just because you don't like what I have to say doesn't mean it's not good info. Whether you agree or not,.. please tell me where I am wrong? I asked a simple question "why so soon?".

It's accepted in the reptile community to breed young males when they are ready, but it's not the same for females since they do all the work. They were born around the 18th of July 10' so they're barely a year and a half old. Still growing as well as maturing and a lot closer to yearlings than sub adults.

But what does it matter, she's willing so why not right.

got10

Remember that the female will turn into a demon from hell when she gets close to laying the eggs. So separate them .

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
TeguBuzz said:
Bubblz Calhoun said:

You obviously missed the sarcasm in that, when breeding that's the wrong and most irresponsible attitude to have. What's wrong with waiting 6 more months until she 2 and giving her more time to develop? What's the rush? Instead of keeping them together and what ever happens happens.
TeguBuzz said:
Bubblz Calhoun said:

You obviously missed the sarcasm in that, when breeding that's the wrong and most irresponsible attitude to have. What's wrong with waiting 6 more months until she 2 and giving her more time to develop? What's the rush? Instead of keeping them together and what ever happens happens.
TeguBuzz said:
Bubblz Calhoun said:

You obviously missed the sarcasm in that, when breeding that's the wrong and most irresponsible attitude to have. What's wrong with waiting 6 more months until she"s 2 and giving her more time to develop? What's the rush? Instead of keeping them together and what ever happens happens.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
TeguBuzz said:
Bubblz Calhoun said:

You obviously missed the sarcasm, that is the wrong attitude to have when Responsibly breeding animals. What's wrong with waiting until she's 2 yrs old and more mature? What's the rush? Instead of keeping them together and just watching what happens.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bubblz Calhoun said:
TeguBuzz said:
Bubblz Calhoun said:

You obviously missed the sarcasm, that is the wrong attitude to have when Responsibly breeding animals. What's wrong with waiting until she's 2 yrs old and more mature? What's the rush? Instead of keeping them together and just watching what happens.

No I picked up on the sarcasm, I didn't write anything other than your quote - thought I'd emphasize the sarcasm by quoting you, but then again, this is the internet, and it's hard to read any sort of sarcasm through text. I'm not a fan of breeding females who are younger than 2 years of age, but when I had my troop of gu's, my year and a half old female was accidentally bred with my male -- during a group chill free roam in my yard. The eggs turned out fine, with no defects whatsoever, but it's always better to wait until they are indeed sexually mature, that way you can avoid any kind of possible risks that may occur.

I apologize if you misinterpreted the reasoning behind my post.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
:) Gotcha,.. I wasn't sure, it was just a quote no extra response like " This, that, ^ ^ ^, ditto" or something. So I was like :huh: my apologies as well.
Unfortunately a lot of people have that out look for the wrong reasons as far as living things are concerned.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
:D Wow,.. what ever your issue may be,.. that's an easy fix,.. just don't read what I post. It doesn't get much simpler than that. Because I'm not going any where.
If it was just the font that you have an issue with, there's a respectful way to ask for it to be changed and that wasn't it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029