• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Male Red Tegu NOT for sale :?)

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
We've got way too many critters so we've been selling a few to reduce the amount of space/time they take up. We have 3 young kids who could use a little more attention.

So with a heavy heart I'm announcing we're selling our male Red Tegu. He's about 10 lbs, and 3 feet long (missing about 1 foot of tail in an accident before we got him). He's got a great mellow attitude and loves to eat, walk around, eat (you get the idea!), etc. He's lived with cats and small dogs (not in his enclosure!) and has never shown any aggression towards them.

$200, local pick up only. I will consider selling his 7ft x 3ft x 3ft enclosure if necessary.

IMG_0890_.jpg

IMG_0904_.jpg

IMG_0107_.jpg

IMG_0109_.jpg

100_5172_.jpg

Jer723

5 Year Member
Re: Male Red Tegu for sale

really guys i met this big guy when i met dave he is really cool! i wish i could take him, he is not that bright but definately good looking dave. ;)

UnoCinco

5 Year Member

Thats a nice lookin tegu...
where in conneticut do you live and when are you looking to get rid of him by...

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

Jer723 said:
really guys i met this big guy when i met dave he is really cool! i wish i could take him, he is not that bright but definately good looking dave. ;)
Thanks! He's half shed right now so he looks more like the outdoor pics.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

UnoCinco said:
Thats a nice lookin tegu...
where in conneticut do you live and when are you looking to get rid of him by...
Thanks. I'm in Wallingford (middle of the state). I'm in no hurry to sell him. We want him to go to a good home. We've only had him for 1.5 years (he's about 7 or 8 years old now) but we know guy who bought him when he was a hatchling and we don't want him to think we dumped him somewhere.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

ashesc212 said:
:drool :drool :drool
You met our big red guy!! I probably woke him up from his hibernation then, but he's not much different, very mellow. When he's not sleeping his main interest is finding food.

ashesc212

5 Year Member

You did! He is really cool! If I had the room, time, and money I'd be jumping on this!

BohemianReptilia

5 Year Member

OMG Dave just kill me know. I would take him in a SECOND if I didn't already have 3 tegus. But WOW WOW WOW!!!! I can't even begin to explain how much I want this guy. If only he could live with my blue without them killing one another...

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

BohemianReptilia said:
OMG Dave just kill me know. I would take him in a SECOND if I didn't already have 3 tegus. But WOW WOW WOW!!!! I can't even begin to explain how much I want this guy. If only he could live with my blue without them killing one another...
Our male & female Blues didn't get along... until breeding time!!! ;)

BohemianReptilia

5 Year Member

My blue IS a male lol. I know some males can live together, but its normally when theyre younger. So I don't know how they'd react to each other...

UnoCinco

5 Year Member

well if you haven't found a new home for him by mid June i'd be happy to take him in

Jer723

5 Year Member

hey just a thought dave, my dad and i thought of this, since hes an older tegu and hes very nice, why dont you donate him to a zoo with a big reptile section that way he can have a big enclosure, he can have lots of human interaction and possibly live the longest he can, that is if all else fails, and on the bright side you could always go to visit him!

dragonqueen4

5 Year Member

i have no idea how hes still available, ive been looking for a red for a while now, but i live too far from you!

LouDog760

5 Year Member

Dave next time you're on a road trip to CA drop him off at my house, I'll take him lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980