• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

manga and anime

roastedspleen

i was wondering if anyone around here watches anime or reads manga, i myself love one piece, naruto, and bleach.
i already know about one person on this forum who obviously likes naruto and bleach its too obvious to miss

Little Wise Owl

5 Year Member
I used to watch anime and read manga but then I just got bored of it (and irritated). I didn't have the patience to watch 200+ episodes from some series.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I like lupin the 3rd and fullmetal alchemist. I'm not very interested in either though.

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Huge (huge) Anime and Manga fanatic here lol...... :) Am i that one person ha ha?

Out of them all i would have to say Bleach and Shippuden are my favorites, the fights are just epic! The plot is great.

Inuyasha is really good as we'll. Full metal is ahhh ok i guess, just really don't like the fights that much or plot. Animation is cool though in full metal.

Kebechet

I'm also a big anime and manga fan. I've watched/read Escaflowne, Magic Knight Rayearth, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Alchemist, Dragonball, Bleach, Naruto, and Naruto Shippuuden, Cardcaptor Sakura, Digimon, Shaman King, pretty much every Myazacki (I probably just butchered his name) film too. Those are just the ones I can think of off of the top of my head XD

frost

1,000+ Post Club
i like most if not all the animes mentioned. i dont think ruruoni kenshin was mentioned tho.very good fights. dragon ball is my all time favorite tho.i love brolly. o and some cheeser shows wold be fruits basket.funny but not very much action. o and queens blade.which is a nude anime but is very funny.

roastedspleen

im not a fan of full metal alchemist and strange evil it was you...
its kind of obvious because you named all your animals after either characters from bleach or naruto
plus the picture of sauske

oops messed up while typing, i meant to say im not a fan of full metal alchemist because it has a lot of pentagrams like everywhere

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
roastedspleen said:
im not a fan of full metal alchemist and strange evil it was you...
its kind of obvious because you named all your animals after either characters from bleach or naruto
plus the picture of sauske

oops messed up while typing, i meant to say im not a fan of full metal alchemist because it has a lot of pentagrams like everywhere

jaja :p yeah your right.. we'll names come from a few others as we'll, it just seems cool to me, so thats what matters. But only my reptiles have Anime and Manga related names.. Plus i suck at naming so this makes things way more easier and more epic.. go figure

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Digging up an old thread, any suggestions that I might be able to find on netflix instant streaming? I found bleach, ill give it a try. I'm soooooo tired of most shows on tv now a days. I've never been to into anime, maybe pokemon hahahaha. I've starting looking for the shows you guys have listed.

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Bleach is good, You can try Wolf's rain,Death Note,Fairy tale or Inuyasha+ final act. A lot of good animes.

What kind of anime are you looking too watch? Romance,actions,thriller?

Neeko

darker than black, when they cry, count of monte cristo to name a few. HULU.COM has a very big selection on it and its free. I know i cant afford to drop hundreds of dollars on anime. My friends and I are avid anime watchers. NOT OTAKUS, but we try and go to anime cons when we can.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm not entirely sure lol. I don't know much about it or its genres. I started watching elfen lied last night but there aren't very many episodes. It seems pretty neat so far. There seems to be a lot more blood and stuff than some of the other shows though. I don't mind it but I don't want that to be the only thing in a show lol. I've seen death note and when they cry pop up a lot for shows that are semi-similar to elfen lied.
I'll have to check out hulu. I was bored last night and decided to finally see what netflix had on xbox live.

fisheric

Hulu has alot of good anime. Netflix has some good older movies. They also have Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood.

when they cry is really good, paranoia agent, FLCL, any of the Miyazaki films (cept howl's moving castle) are sure to entertain.

jmulley6

darker than black is on netflix stemming right now its pretty good so far. I'm really not a huge anime fan tho.

kellen.watkins

The only one I have ever cared for was trigun, it had some good morals an awesome story and I can't really say much for animation cause all anime looks the same to me, but vash the stampede is the bomb :)

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
kellen.watkins said:
I can't really say much for animation cause all anime looks the same to me

lol, I'm with you on that. Maybe it takes a more "experienced" eye?

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
rhetoricx said:
kellen.watkins said:

lol nonsense, you just have to watch it, its a lot of huge differences in the animation, For example look at Hellsing and then Naruto, wayyy different designs and plot.

When i'm looking for a new anime to watch i just go to an Anime Site and scroll down and watch one episode of Animes to find things i like.

fisheric

Strange_Evil said:
rhetoricx said:
kellen.watkins said:

lol nonsense, you just have to watch it, its a lot of huge differences in the animation, For example look at Hellsing and then Naruto, wayyy different designs and plot.

When i'm looking for a new anime to watch i just go to an Anime Site and scroll down and watch one episode of Animes to find things i like.

There are alot of differences series to series. Some have really good animation and some were done on the cheap.

Anime is like everything else on TV/Movies. Some stuff is really deep and well made. You can tell the people working on the project took alot of pride in their craft. Then some of it is mindless dribble. Nothing more than an excuse to sell advertising space.

A few more good shows/movies for people who are new to anime to check out would be Neon Genesis, Jin Ro Wolf Brigade, Clannad, Eureka 7 and definately cowboy bebop.

Unless you are a 8-13 year old kid (which you might be) stay away from stuff like bleach, Naruto & Dragon Ballz.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I noticed a difference!!! I tried NLCL or something and it looked a lot different from elfen lied... Not just the lack of blood and gore and all that but the actual animation was different and the way the animation played out in general.

What do you guys think of eden of the east? I saw there was a show and some movies. I think I might be interested in watching the show, I heard some good things about it but I also heard the movies were a huge disappointment after watching the series.

fisheric

rhetoricx said:
I noticed a difference!!! I tried NLCL or something and it looked a lot different from elfen lied... Not just the lack of blood and gore and all that but the actual animation was different and the way the animation played out in general.

What do you guys think of eden of the east? I saw there was a show and some movies. I think I might be interested in watching the show, I heard some good things about it but I also heard the movies were a huge disappointment after watching the series.

You heard right. When the series starts out its super engrossing. A really good mystery. The movies are a continuation of the story instead of another season and the conclusion was just not very engrossing.

Ninja Scroll is a really good old school anime. Has sex and violence so keep that in mind.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus