• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Meet Zuul!!!

ReptiBonezXO

I just adopted Zuul about two weeks ago, and we are in love with her!

She is potty trained to poop outside, and has very good manners:]

Very friendly, and sweet, loves women, sleeping under laundry, and burring herself.

She had MBD when she was young, and has a bit of a dip in her back, but she gets around really well, and is a healthy strong girl now!

Zuul says hello!

091311125723 by ReptiBonezXO, on Flickr

ReptiBonezXO

thank you guys so much. I get all teary eyed with how proud i am of her. and i really think her little bowed back makes me all the more attached to her too. I know she's not a perfect specimen, but i feel like she's the most gorgeous thing i've ever seen<3

and yes, she is the gatekeeper:] Though she is named after a helldog, she's the furthest from it. lol
We hope to have a big Columbian red Keymaster one day:DDD

2011-09-13_21-41-39_878 by ReptiBonezXO, on Flickr

2011-09-13_21-41-33_427 by ReptiBonezXO, on Flickr

2011-09-13_21-42-30_914 by ReptiBonezXO, on Flickr

2011-09-13_21-42-47_707 by ReptiBonezXO, on Flickr

2011-09-13_21-42-58_144 by ReptiBonezXO, on Flickr

ReptiBonezXO

thank you! now just to work on her enclosure. I know she doesnt mind, but i really want her to have a nice hide. a big hollowed out half log, or bamboo hut or something like that. cardboard box just isnt cutting it...

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm currently using a large flat rocks held up by cinder blocks for my hides. The cinder blocks are nice because they seems to help with some shedding, I see them rubbing their heads on them here and there. You can also see if a hardware store has any reject pieces of wood (left overs from larger pieces being cut), seal them and make some cool things with that.

ReptiBonezXO

I was also thinking about naming her Caviar, but i dont know if its very fitting for a tegu. She does have the black head, and a gentle demeanor though:]

i may try that, i just wanted something organic looking. i really try to keep my enclosures looking as natural as possible, with as little
"boxes" and building type material as possible.
But maybe i could cut some sort of rock shape, and work from there.
I wish they made giant log hides. lol

jmulley6

I'd have to side with Zuul being a better Tegu fitting name :)
I have seen huge log hides at the reptile store I go to no idea where they got them tho

ReptiBonezXO

okay i'm just going to have to check. there arent many good pet stores out near me, but every so often i venture from dallas to austin for a really good exotics shop. they have livestock troughs full of driftwood, hides, water bowls, all that. may just have to get one next time i go out there.

And thanks for being a good sport about having the same name for our tegus:]

saided

I really like her spots on her sides! They almost look like leopard spots. She's lucky to have someone like you who is ecstatic and prepared to take good care of her.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980