• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Mold

Kay

Hello All,

I bought a humidifier for Freckles enclosure. It can get pretty damp in there sometimes if the humidity gets too high...like lets say if I leave it on over night. I generally like to keep it between 70-80 but I have gotten up in the morning a few times and it was 90. I guess it depends on the heat in the house as well. A majority of the enclosure has been painted with Drylock. I am seeing mold on his plastic soaking tray as well as a ladder that I made that I did not paint. Any suggestions? Too much humidity? Should I not run it everyday to let it dry out from time to time? Thanks!

Zyn

I think the humidity of the substrate matters more. Like sev has 6 inches in his enclosure I keep one side much more damp than the other and this alone keeps it humidity up on one side plus most of his hides are on that side. so when ever he's sleeping he's soaking up that moisture and humidity and so far hasn't had any issues shedding.

Biffy Pyro

As far as I was aware they only need a humidity of 65%, up at 80 is asking for a URI. The mould problem can easily be sorted by putting a colony of springtails in there.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
As far as I was aware they only need a humidity of 65%, up at 80 is asking for a URI. The mould problem can easily be sorted by putting a colony of springtails in there.
I agree. Ultimately, you want bouyant air, which means free air circulation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980