• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

More issues with eddie

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I went to feed him a little bit ago and when I put his food in his enclosure he came running over and very quickly started posturing. He got all puffed up, dewlap puffed up at one point. I'm not sure if this counts but he was sideways to me when he was trying to be all macho.. He didn't try to bite me or come too close to me. It seemed like it was more of a warning. He's been more moody lately and I'm not too sure why. Could a growth spurt trigger something like this? I'm feeding him a ton so it's not a hunger issue. Here are a couple more pictures, he looks like he's gotten bigger.
aIJzQPK.jpg

oNEayOL.jpg

zQus0oi.jpg

frost

1,000+ Post Club
i could be something like with the tegus where when they get to a certain age they get an attitude. im not sure if its the same with rhinos since iv never had one. once i move to florida im getting one though.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well I've never had an iguana and I've never actually tried to sex him. I've just been saying male, I was thinking it could be breeding season aggression.... From what I read, mostly green iguanas, it sounds like very similar behavior. He just seems small to be reaching sexual maturity. He probably isn't as small as I think, I'm just used to seeing guru all day. Eddie is around 2 years old though.

RobK.

give him time , work on tamming him at his rate . roni did that on and off until i had him hand fed .

Rhetoric said:
Well I've never had an iguana and I've never actually tried to sex him. I've just been saying male, I was thinking it could be breeding season aggression.... From what I read, mostly green iguanas, it sounds like very similar behavior. He just seems small to be reaching sexual maturity. He probably isn't as small as I think, I'm just used to seeing guru all day. Eddie is around 2 years old though.

At two you should be able to see a large bulge on each side of the tail . large pores by its legs and this when he pees and poops .

hemipenis.jpg

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ill check for the pores. I haven't seen him in the act of popping but I will keep an eye out for that as well. Would he be leaving sperm plugs? He's been alright yesterday and today. He still isn't thrilled about having me around but I'm just giving him some space for now. He isn't posturing but he's giving me a "look".

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Has he been head bobbing? When I had my rhino I quickly found out khaos was a male due to constant head bobbing and posturing oh and flashing lol( I had a male green in the same room) khaos wasn't even a year old, he was a bit over 2', Igot a video somewere on youtube of him head bobbing lol its nothing like what greens do I thought he was having a seizure or something the first time he did it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980