• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

More Questions...

sn11

5 Year Member
Well, I've read: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?t=21</a><!-- l --> but have a few minor questions still.

I've always been told to let the teg do its own thing for about two weeks - this meaning no interaction no touching nothing just going in to change water/food.

Now with the feeding tub does this get introduced after the first few weeks? Or is this straight off the batt?

My little one seems to eat 'little but often' so do I put her in with food, then what she doesn't eat throw away? Or pop in her viv with her?

Cheers

ashesc212

5 Year Member
What do you have in her tank as far as substrate goes? I couldn't get Lucky to eat outside of the cage the first two months or so when he was little. I just fed him in a bowl on newspaper in his enclosure. Yes- I know he COULD get cage aggressive, but it's better risking that then not feeding him enough, in my opinion. Once they are comfortable and trust you, then it might be a good time to try feeding out side of the enclosure.

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
Mine wasnt fed in the cage, but it wasnt fed in a tub either, I feed mine outside his cage, but never in a tub, just a plate on the floor was good enough, he couldn't get out of the apt so I didnt see what the deal with feeding him in a tub would be, if not to keep him from making a mess, I would just clean it up if he did, and hes fine!

sn11

5 Year Member
Substrate she was on newspaper but we've added some repti-bark for her (we're assuming her easier than say he/she and better than saying it lol) I think i'll keep feeding her inside her viv.

crimsonrazac

5 Year Member
ColdThirst said:
Mine wasnt fed in the cage, but it wasnt fed in a tub either, I feed mine outside his cage, but never in a tub, just a plate on the floor was good enough, he couldn't get out of the apt so I didnt see what the deal with feeding him in a tub would be, if not to keep him from making a mess, I would just clean it up if he did, and hes fine!

Well I guess a tub would be better if you were feeding live. So you don't get roachs and crickets all over the place.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me