• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Mulligan's new enclosure

jacobsracing

5 Year Member
here are a few pics of his new home. It is a birch cablinet made @ 6x3x3.
IMG_6015.jpg

shot of right side
IMG_6011.jpg

shot of left
IMG_6017.jpg

handle
IMG_6062.jpg

cruizin
IMG_6054.jpg

doggie door(he is using it already!)
IMG_6023.jpg

lighting setup
reptileUV EB 60w UVA/UVB
hallogen outdoor lamp controlled by big apple herp thermostat
full spectrum 4 ft for remaining color band spectrum.
reptileUV IR heat emmiter on 24x7x365 for 2nd basking area. I plan to add some live plants on the back wall
IMG_6018.jpg

mulligans pad
IMG_6021.jpg

sensors
IMG_6022.jpg

the enclosure holds 63% humidity
using orchid bark mulch as substrate
110 in the basking side, and 84 on the cold side
one happy tegu
IMG_6002.jpg

IMG_6004.jpg

ZEKE

5 Year Member
that looks nice. i had never thought of putting a dog door on a reptile cage. so when your home do you just leave the dog door opened for him to come out and go back in whenever he wants?

jacobsracing

5 Year Member
mulligan will come on out of the cage via the doggie door and then return to the cage to well.....unload all barrells. You guys know what I mean. He has never done his bisiness other than the far corner of the enclosure. Its a trip.

Also, note the red mask around his eyes? he also has a pink/orange tint in his armpits and chest. Also on the inner thigh area. is he a red/bw mix?

jacobsracing

5 Year Member
I have decided to start selling the enclosures online if anyone is interested. I had a few requests and figure...why not, eh?

I also have a smaller version for smaller herps. I will post pics soon. Same material, just a bit smaller.

The small 16x16x32 birch enclosures will be 400 + actual shipping
the larger 6x3x3 will be 750 (local pickup only)

Both will be 50$ less if you do not want it stained. Then you can match other furnature in the room.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested. Thanks!

Greg

snakize1978

5 Year Member
That is a really nice enclosure. What is used for the vents on the sides? I am planning to build an new cage for an adult black and white tegu this weekend. You wouldn't happen to have detailed plans on building this cage would you?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan