• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My black phase white lipped python

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
This is my pride and joy. I've only had her for about a month. What a great snake; really sweet:
PythonBody2.jpg

PythonHead2.jpg

-Chris

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
A sweet white lipped?! LOL I looked at a couple of these for a long time at the Tinley Park show last October. I've always liked their looks but never liked their personalities. Someday, when I have more time, I will add one of these. I think I like the olive phase better than the black, though.

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
Jif, I also like the olive phase better, but understand there is a big difference between the two snakes. Black phase are much much much more docile. They also get about 3 ft longer. They are a fairly active python and the move a lot, which is why I think some people get nervous around them, but (at least for the black phase) it's not a sign of aggression.

Olive or gold phase can calm down, but they really exhaustingly aggressive to start with. If you want a smaller animal and or a showpiece, these are the ones you want.

If you want something larger, rarer, and friendlier, go for the black phase. I love this snake, and I haven't had any interest in snakes for the past 5 years.

-Chris

dorton

5 Year Member
Thats a nice looking white lip. I thought about getting one at the last show here, but got one more IJ instead.

snakehandler

5 Year Member
shiftylarry said:
Price has nothing to do with the coolness factor of a snake. All snakes are awesome. I love makloti.

no, price has nothing to do with how cool a snake is.
only as how much i like to own a witlipped python the prices here are too much.

maddogg9019

5 Year Member
Awesome snake!! I was looking at buying a captive born "golden" white lip but was worried about their storied aggression. Anyways great snake be sure to keep updating the pics :-D

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
Goldens are worse tempered, but not impossible. I've seen docile ones. I chose my black phase for the temperment and larger size, even though I like the color of the gold phase better.

-Chris

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
About how big do they get? I was looking at the White Lips, but if I got another snake, it would probably be a breeding pair of Aurora House Snakes.....
I wonder If one can legally own an Indigo Snake in California...

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
I live in California. I've never seen them for sale. Consider that ferrets and hedgehogs of all things are illegal; along with gila monsters, piranhas, freshwater stingrays, african clawed frogs, and a whole mess of other things. California is pretty strict. I seriously doubt you could get indigo snakes.

Gold phase usually get around 6 ft. Black phase get 8-9 ft based on what I've heard. I'd love to start breeding them, but I can't find anymore.

-Chris

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980