• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

my cuviers dwarf video

Dereks-Dragons

heres a quick video i just took of my caiman. as all my research had said, they grow about a foot a year.. thats an inch a month.. and he has been EXACTLY spot on growing an inch a month :D hes starting to tolerate handeling a bit more and doesnt seem to stress by it at all i now others who as soon as they touch their caiman it wont eat for 6-8 weeks after.. i handle daily and he ears every day readily :) not expecting a tame caiman.. thats most near impossible.. but i believe with regular handeling as a baby, that enclusire cleanings as an adult wont be as much of a pain in the @$$. he will be going in a 7x2 in a few weeks and he will stay there for probably about a year or so then once he hits the 2 foot mark he will be going straight into a 10x5. and it he ever outgrows that then it will go up to a 10x8 . i apologise for the video being in such a small rectangle i forgot to turn my phone sideways when i took the video -__-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE6YPYkRDQ4

Dereks-Dragons

theres that log whoch is the basnking spot then theres a rock in the bac corner u cant see. i origionally had it half and half but they literally NEVER Leave thew water so i made it fit his prefferance

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
You do realize that he should have actual land in his enclosure right? Even if he doesn't use it a lot, crocodilians do bask on the banks of bodies of water.

Dereks-Dragons

yes im aware of this. he has land. liek i said above theres a cinder block-type rock in the back you cant see though bevause the logs are in the way. the 7 foot cage hes moving into in a few weeks will have a 2 foot land section made from real cinder blocks(i find cinder blocks are easist to make mand sections in mostly-water tanks )

from my years worth of research and person observations and experiments wit the cageing they prefer to bask while in shallower waters but never allow themselves to completely dry out. he has spats to be fully submerged, slightly submerged and fully out of the water.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Dereks-Dragons said:
thanks :! also the fact that he lets me pick him p so easily is a semi-good sign :p

Or a sign there is something wrong.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kid3zoo