• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My first tegu bite.

k412

5 Year Member
I hope it's my last but no telling.
I had him soaking in his tub in the bathroom, getting warm in the sun. He is big enough to get out and I left the door open since he was asleep. I was cleaning the kitchen and turned to see my cat and og following him at a safe distance. My daughter freaked since she is afraid of him so I rushed him back into the tank. I cleaned and refilled the water bowl then used a small bottle to wet down his burrow area. Well, I was not looking and as I moved my hand out of his hide with the bottle, he came from behind the rock wall and got my middle finger. It hurt pretty good for a few minutes. Hopefully I learned my lesson. I'm just glad he's still a baby.

BOOZER

5 Year Member
live and learn. but just for the h3!! of it (there is NO safe follow distance from a cat or dog!!)..... could be disastrous!!

G

i bet it was because of seeing the dog and cat. my family when i lived with them one of the monitor lizards i owned used to get especially aggressive when it was around the dog. even though the dog would just walk near it and not even go up to it, it would get really aggressive for a good half hour. scares the crap out of them i guess !!!

Chuey

5 Year Member
I do think they are sentient of who you are. I might be ignorant but I think mine is sentient at least.

My tegu has this thing for paper towels being waved around i.e. when you are cleaning around his cage. The movement I believe makes it look like the rats that we feed him (frozen of course).

Anyhow he bit in the arm once while I was cleaning a urate in his cage with the paper towel. He lunged for the towel but got my arm instead. I looked him im the eyes asking him what he thought he was doing biting me like that. He let go after realizing it wasn't what he thought it was. Since then the paper towels don't attract him as much anymore.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.