• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My first tegu

Konrad

after much research last week I finally got my baby extreme tegu. I have to say he is beyond my expectations, after reading some of the less than favorable posts on taming I was a bit nervous. But to my surprise this little dude has been awesome. In the 5 days I've had him he has not hissed whipped his tail or tried to bite. He is even completely accepting of being picked up from above.

He eats 2 pinkies a day with some hard boiled egg yokes and some ground turkey and a few guppies here and there. I have never seen a more calm and downright friendly reptile in my life and I've had quite a few. He hangs out the n my chest or shoulder nightly and explores a bit here an there but quickly returns to nap on me. Not sure about his name but my wife has dubbed him Beefcake.

My past reptile experience was keeping and breeding RTB and Retics for about 10 years, also had a savannah for about 6 years, als had a Asian water monitor that I grew from a hatchling to a 7 foot 100 lbs green dog tame baby. He passed last year from what the vet said was old age he was 17. It took me some time to get over that loss. He really was an amazing animal that was potty trained and super gentle he had free roam of the house and never damedged anything

Sorry for the long post I really like this forum and hope go learn from all of you and share experiences.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome! That's dedication and a lot of experience and knowledge base, especially with the Water Monitor.

Lot to learn from you, too.

Konrad

He's going through his first shed today. Still super friendly though he did whip the dog when he got too close.
He Hudson valley. I'm in Hudson valley as well in Cairo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me