• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My Furry Critters!

toxxxickitten

My female tortoiseshell DSH, Marble.
Marble10.jpg

Marble.jpg

Marble8.jpg

My Chihuahuas, Abby & Kujo.
DSC_0002.JPG

My male chinchilla Netherland dwarf rabbit, Mr. Mistoffles.
DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0001+_2_.JPG

DSC_0004+_2_.JPG

Female White Mosaic Chinchilla, Luna.
DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0005+_2_.JPG

DSC_0013.JPG

DSC_0002+_2_.JPG

Leviathan, dark standard grey male chinchilla.
DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0001.JPG

Edward, mosaic male chinchilla.
DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

My Male Sugar Glider, Charlie.
DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0001+_2_.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Nice collection you have there. I think my favorite would have to Edward and those eye lashes :). He's not named after the Twilight series is he?

toxxxickitten

No. He was named after a character in Full Metal Jacket? Some kinda anime...? I'm not for sure. He was given to me by a friend of a friend who needed him to find a new home where he would be taken care of and spoiled.

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Beautiful little critters,good to see another cat and dog person :), i have two cats and several dogs. But only one of the dogs is actually mines.

Oh and the name of the anime is "Full Metal Alchemist" (I'm a anime junkie lol)

Thanks for sharing.

toxxxickitten

There are many different diets you can put them on that are home made. I have chosen to put him on the BML (Leadbeater's Mix) diet and he eats it just fine. You can feed them fresh fruits & veggies along with this diet, but I turn his fruit and veggies into a "relish" so he can't be picky and just pick out his favorite things. I mix the relishes into the BML so he is sure to eat everything. It all looks like baby food basically. They don't chew their food with their teeth - they mash it with the roof of their mouth...so solid type foods would be kind of hard for them to eat, so it's no problem giving them a liquid. Their teeth don't grow constantly like a rodents and if they loose their teeth, they are gone - much like a human's.

Here is a picture of a batch of veggie relish I had made in the past. It is liquidfied in a blender. It is a mix of peas, corn, carrots, green beans, honey & apple juice.

184957_205294849480981_100000014032456_843491_838276_n.jpg

They are a high maintenance animal, almost like a toddler, in that they get very bonded to their owner. You are "safe" to them, so they always want to be around you. Charlie doesn't wake up at all during the day, so I basically leave him in his cage now until he wakes up at night...or early morning and play with him a bit before I go to bed. They are said to have a odor, but most of the time I can't tell. Some things just don't stink to me or they don't bother me that much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980