• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My journey

James Smith

Yeah I meant to say that too Walter. I have given him 3 bath this week already. He absolutely hates it. It's the only time he is a little grumpy.

Last edited:

James Smith

GOOD NEWS...GOOD NEWS. BOGA is back to normal. He had two poops today and they were like normal. I am still going to keep a close watch over him like always. I have to say that was a little scary.

James Smith

That is good to know about fish oil. Can I put that in his food for each feeding?

While I am out tomorrow paying Bill's I wanted to pick up some supplements for him. Any ideals on what I should be looking for?

My shipment from Repitlinks should be in today or tomorrow. A six month worth of food. I am curious on how he will react to the food source.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That is good to know about fish oil. Can I put that in his food for each feeding?

While I am out tomorrow paying Bill's I wanted to pick up some supplements for him. Any ideals on what I should be looking for?

My shipment from Repitlinks should be in today or tomorrow. A six month worth of food. I am curious on how he will react to the food source.
Everyday is fine. Say a split chewable capsule.

James Smith

Hello everyone I have been very busy and I am sorry for not posting a update on BOGA. He turned out to be a snuggle bug. I was wondering if this is a good thing or not?
20190221_211256.jpg

James Smith

BOGA actually will have his second Vet visit Thursday. He will be going in for his first Manicure and Pedicure. I will post a video on The Adventures of BOGA. This will be indeed an Adventure.

Guman

James you asked a question about what made me change my mind about feeding ground meat meant for humans months ago I am sorry I never answered you. Today I got several alerts from months past Last year my gu suffered repeat prolapse and was in the hospital for a week. He blood calcium was normal but along with the prolapse he showed signs of MBD (bone loss in front legs). The only thing the vet could come up with was we were not feeding whole prey. It is nice to see that you are feeding great things like whole eggs and reptilinks. Today he has overcome many of his special needs after changing his diet but it was a long year back to health.

James Smith

Hello guys. BOGA is getting bigger and he is now 7 months old.
Wt. 5 lbs
Length 4 1/2 feet

He has gained a lot of mass however. He looks very healthy and he is having a normal bowl movement. He is still eating a meat base diet though. I was wondering if this is normal for BOGA to still be eating meat only?
20190325_105814.jpg

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
well done. Yes, it is, but nothing's better than wole prey, intacy like mice or ground in entirety like from Haretoday.

James Smith

I give him food from reptilinks. Two mice on Mondays. The rest of the week consists of his favorite food such as chicken hearts, salmon, and then quail eggs 3 times a week.Everything is dusted with calcium. I would love if he eat some green leaf vegetables and fruit. Maybe later then...

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I give him food from reptilinks. Two mice on Mondays. The rest of the week consists of his favorite food such as chicken hearts, salmon, and then quail eggs 3 times a week.Everything is dusted with calcium. I would love if he eat some green leaf vegetables and fruit. Maybe later then...
Ideal diet. Don't sweat the veggies.

James Smith

Yeah, I do not want him to be obese. I have been feeding BOGA everyday, but here recently I have started to feed him every other day and he have been fine. Just that alone should help. He need to walk around too. I can't wait until I can take him outside so he can get his exercise. It just started to warm up here in Michigan, thank God. Just like myself, he need to shave off that winter weight.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah, I do not want him to be obese. I have been feeding BOGA everyday, but here recently I have started to feed him every other day and he have been fine. Just that alone should help. He need to walk around too. I can't wait until I can take him outside so he can get his exercise. It just started to warm up here in Michigan, thank God. Just like myself, he need to shave off that winter weight.
Count me in on that, too! Yep, a few times a week feeding fine at that age/size. Sun'll do us all sun'll good as well.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I read that if you can see space between your gu's bell and the floor this is a good indicator and what vets often use for testing obesity.

James Smith

Thank you AlphaAlpha. So while walking or standing obviously, is when you check for this. The only issue I have with this rule of thumb is how would you judge what is healthy. A half of inch ,one inch, or maybe two inches of space is best.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced