• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My Lazy Tegu...

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
I have not changed one parrameter of my enclusure tempiture or humidity level, nor the light cycle, feeding routine or anything else. And now, it has been hopefully asleep under a foot of mulch in an ellaborate chamber in its house for almost two weeks now and not coming up to eat or drink this whole time. Is it allready down for the count of winter? and if so, do i have to keep turning the lights on and the heat lamp every day for twelve hours or will it mess him up? Any input from experience or first hand knoledge is greatly desired. Thank you

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
july is kinda early for a Tegu, mine go down in August tho...He could be getting ready to go down.

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
Well its been over two weeks now with no sign from him so hes deffinatly hibernating now. And while hes hibernating do I still need to keep the tempitures and humidity the same for the rest of the winter or what? I really need to know bc I have no idea.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980