• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

my new baby! :) picssss

maximoherpeto

5 Year Member
Hey guys,

So i work at the store where "Aerodan" picked up his tegu and we had a second one and after many months now of thinking i've decided to go for it. I'm taking what we presume to be a female home. I am super excited about this girl, she is super curious and trusts me as i have been taking care of her at the store for a while now.

Thought i'd upload a few pics before i bring her home after work this weekend. :)

This is my new girl "Andromeda"

IMG00219.jpg

comes in around 18" right now. her brother is about 26", so i believe she is female.
IMG00221.jpg

She is very curious and very social, she climbed for my hands to my girlfriends head!

IMG00222.jpg

Hope you enjoy. She is gonna be a great pet as she grows older with me. I am very excited. Lemme know what you think.

-Max

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
I hope you enjoy keeping her. She looks good. I normally shy away from buying from pet stores. But If you trust them. That's all that matters.

maximoherpeto

5 Year Member
yea, i trust the store alot because i work and am one of the primary caretakers of all the reptiles. so i really trust the animals. i check all of them daily for health issues.
but yea, Andromeda(Andi for short) is a great lil girl. She comes home this weekend. :)

povmichael123

5 Year Member
She is gorgeous and i know exaclty what you mean i work at a reptile shop as well and we are getting 10 argentines in pretty soon here and i already claimed one of the females to take home so i am extremely excited to get my own and first Argentine tegu its going to be such a blast with these guys at work!

maximoherpeto

5 Year Member
yea. they are a blast to have in store. make sure you give em a week or two at least to make sure you get the one that eats best. That's important.

And yes, that is a warped 2007 shirt i'm wearing. good year for warped. :)

povmichael123

5 Year Member
Yeah I am going to going to wait until I know I am ready and they are ready as well. I just went to another local pet shop whom I knew had a pair of Red Tegus and went to check them out. They were great looking animals and just so nice and calm and about $500 for the pair which i had no idea if it was a good deal or not. They were just great looking animals and cant wait to get my own little girl.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me