• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My New Baby!

CaseyUndead

5 Year Member
Thanks Bobby! He's awesome!

TEGU007.jpg

TEGU008.jpg

TEGU009.jpg

TEGU010.jpg

TEGU011.jpg

TEGU003.jpg

TEGU005.jpg

TEGU006.jpg

TEGU002.jpg

TEGU001.jpg

He's shedding, too. So cute and greeeeeen

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Simply adorable!

One of mine were shedding when she arrived as well...

So you haven't gotten yours to eat yet huh? Mine had the little folds in the skin on their bellies too when they arrived... but after a few bites of turkey they filled out.

I've been handling mine a ton since I got them. They have taken to me very well. I suspect that the first few weeks will be a critical time for them to develop trust in you... or to decide you are on the if'y list...

Congratts and best of luck with him. But you can't go wrong with a Varnyard Tegu!

CaseyUndead

5 Year Member
Yeah, when i took the pics i hadn't fed him yet. But i gave him some turkey and a couple mealworms a few minutes ago and he ate it up very enthusiastically; his body looks a lot fuller now too.

JustinZanderRyan

5 Year Member
Hi I'm new on here and a new tegu owner. I just recieved my brother's yesterday and she is beautiful!! even her temperment is good, she was as someone said before here or another post calm when she got out of her bag. I thought she wouldn't since a sav. monitor almost snapped my finger when I first took it out of it's container! I say new owner because after so much me bugging me to bug Bobby(so sorry Bobby-thanks for your patience) he tells me to keep her.....and well she is just so darn cute and sweet I just have too! Now I did research and will continue to do so as I keep her, I want "Baby" that's her name to get the best treatment ever! She ate last nite...oh man forget it I had a scare because stupid delievry person didn't read my sign and took her back to the post office me and my fiancee were worried that she would get hurt and we didn't want that(we had order pets online before and we always get nervous) so he ran running from work to get her 10 min before post office close! When we open the box and saw her we were relieved and so comes back to her eating...I thought she wouldn't but she did....mean little eater! LOL and again this morning, she is really the sweetest thing ever...THANKS BOBBY!
I don't have pics because my camera broke but I'll post as soon as I get one and learn how to post new threads...sorry for the highjack! Your baby is just as beautiful as "Baby"! Congrats!

CaseyUndead

5 Year Member
Okay. So.. I took him out today 'cause i was going to feed him, and as soon as i got him out he went ZOOM... and now i don't know where he is. I'm pretty sure he's probably still in that room... but i can't think of anywhere in there i haven't looked. I can't believe this happened on just the second day! He's so little, too. I set up a little basking spot in there, so i'm hoping that sometime when i check in there, he'll be under it warming himself. I guess it's possible that he got under the door, but it was closed.. and as soon as i realized i couldn't find him, i put stuff up against the bottom of the door. now i have a towel stuffed under it so that he can't get out... I'm so worried. i feel so stupid.

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Take the lesson from it but donÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¾Ã?â??Ã?¢t beat yourself up too bad oer it. Keep the area as sealed off as possibleÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦ set up the heat lamp (like you did) with some water near by (putting it directly under the heat lamp will create a tiny bit of extra humidity which may attract the Tegu)Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦ I would even put some ground turkey out in the same areaÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦

Get yourself a book and sit as still as possible in the room and glance around frequently. Mine have enjoyed sitting and watching people move aboutÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦ and when the area is still they seem to want to explore. It takes an intelligent animal to get bored so easilyÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦

Best of luckÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦

CaseyUndead

5 Year Member
Found him! Oh man.. I even stayed home from work today over this, lol. I got a pillow and layed down on the floor really still for a couple hours, trying to see if i could hear any movement. After awhile my mom came in to help me look, and she turned this one desk i'd looked under a million time around, and there he was! Oh man.. I'm so relieved. We have dogs and cats, so if he got out of that room it woulda been bad. I think until i'm sure he's gotten really calm about handling, i'm going to sorta handle him with my hands in the cage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980