• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My new tegu, Angus. ( Roy x Purdy )

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
Sorry I was a little late with my pictures but I took a while to sit down and do it. He is very awesome.! He is still very green and I think he will turn into a very beautiful big tegu. My only concern is his tail tip it very dark and I don't know if it is just color or if his tail might too dry. I think it will be ok though. He has a custom "redneck" enclosure. I was made from a 50 gal. Homez storage container. The top was replaced with screen and the was screwed and then gorilla taped. It is very busy so I took the half log out for now but I have the cork in there instead. I have a UV Heat lamp and Infrared lamp as well for night time and suppemental heat. Again he is very awesome and I couldn't be happier. There is too much to say about his awesomenes and I can't wait to see what he grows up to be. :woot

o19403F1.jpg

o1940411.jpg

o1940421.jpg

o1940431.jpg

o1940441.jpg

o1940461.jpg

o19404A1.jpg

o19404B1.jpg

o19404E1.jpg

o1940501.jpg

o1940511.jpg

o1940521.jpg

o1940591.jpg

o1940591.jpg

o19405A1.jpg

o19405B1.jpg

I hope all the pics come out ok. :fc

Anthony

5 Year Member
lol how much of those eggs did he actually eat mine only eats a little but of all the foods seems crickets are his favorite and turkey second favorite... mine choose turkey over pinkies and over eggs

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
He ate half of one egg so i threw the other half out and the untouched one I washed in water and ate. Crickets..... Mine thinks Im playing a joke on him because he is already eat almost adult roaches.lol He does not want anything else. I plan to try a pinky today and ground turkey for the first time tomarrow.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You need to remove the red heat bulb, your tegu has no where to cool off.

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
Ok I started using that just as a night light( a couple days ago) bulb due to the fact it was getting to hot according my temp. gun. He is not burrowed all the time anymore since it isnt so hot. But he still enjoyes a nice underground nap every day. Do you remember if this guy and all his siblings were eating pinkies or not. He didnt eat one today but he is still new so it is understandable. Thanks again Bobby for the Awesome Tegu! And thanks a bunch for the awesome picture, AWD247!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980