• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My Tegu is gaining weight!

stainthedane

5 Year Member

Hey Guys,
My tegu (Cygnus, or "Siggy") is a year and a half now, and is 3ft long.
Siggy's been 3ft for quite a few months now, which I'm not use to, cause usually it's non-stop Growing!!! Well......I'm going to call Siggy "her" for now, we're not 100% sure, but her girth is starting to grow!

I just want to keep on top of it.
I'll take her out for longer periods of time and watch her diet, but is there anything else you guys specifically suggest?
Should I be concerned that her length has slowed down in growth, or is this normal for her age?

stainthedane

5 Year Member
I don't hibernate her, I keep her temperatures the same all winter. She didn't hibernate last year either.
I was worried for a second that she was developing MBD, but there's no reason for it, I haven't deprived her of calcium at all, etc.
But perhaps she wants to hibernate... I don't know, I'll keep an eye on it, just so long as she doesn't become obese!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.