• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My Tegu is Not Getting Better.. please help!!

dragonqueen4

5 Year Member
As you all know, Trooper has MBD, he is continuously getting worse it seems. He is having so much trouble walking, he hasnt eaten in 2 weeks, other than what Ive force fed him. Why wouldnt he be getting better when he gets calcium shots everyday? This is so frustrating. Could it be because I am using a Solar Glo MVB by hagen? I have a powersun ordered.
His vent is also really swollen and pink and when I pick him up a really bad smelling fluid comes out.
I really dont know what to do anymore and am considering euthanization, as hard as it will be.
Does anyone know what the success rate is for tegus with mbd and why he may not be getting better? Any help or opinions would be appreciated... even if its bad news, I'd like to hear it.
Thanks

boost-boy74

5 Year Member
hi, i feel for you and your tegu - dont know what i can say to help, maybe the ca injections will help.........all the best :(

dragonqueen4

5 Year Member
my vet cant do anything for his mbd .. theres no herp vets here.. besides.. he gets calcium shots everyday from me.
as for the swollen vent. . what would he need to fix the infection, . anyone know what he would need?

MizM

5 Year Member
I use Tylan on my reptiles. Usual dose around 25-50 mg per kilo daily for 7 days. It's a wide spectrum antibiotic and readily available, I get the best prices on EBay.

MizM

5 Year Member
Yes, it's a good broad-spectrum antibiotic too, but I've found I hard to get ahold of. You need a prescription for it, and I don't have a vet here in Texas yet. I had a vet in California that would prescribe it for me if the Tylan didn't prove effective, but I didn't need it often.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me