• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My Tegu Puked Up a Rock! UPDATE: Tegu is okay and eating

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ashesc212 said:
DaveDragon said:
Turkey is a supplement, not a staple. He should be eating crickets too. The crickets running around should stimulate his appetite to chase them.

Have you tried a pinkie mouse yet? Just curious. I still haven't (keep forgetting).

When was the last time he got a nice warm (95Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?°) bath?

I give him baths every other day. He won't eat the crickets I put in the cage. I did take him out a few minutes ago and (I know this is a bad habit but I'm desperate to get him to eat) I got him to eat crickets out of my hand *sigh*...
You're doing better than us!! They get a bath once or twice a week. But they do run through the water alot.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ashesc212 said:
I haven't tried the pinkies either because we only have large pinkies in the house. He's probably still too small for those, no?
I don't know. We have small and normal pinkies. With all I have to do, I just haven't had time to sit and feed them individually. I've got to do it this weekend.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ashesc212 said:
Idk, maybe he's just being finicky...
That's possible. I've noticed some of ours always look like they're going to explode, and others look normal. I don't know which ones are eating the most. I may separate them again and watch.

ashesc212

5 Year Member
His belly feels soft right now. I was thinking when the rock came up it could have hurt his digestive tract but maybe not.

I'd like him to start eating out of the cage, but not with me hand feeding him. He'll only eat turkey in his cage and crickets, it seems, outside of his cage but with me, not by himself lol. He's still very active so I don't think he is sick or anything.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I've hand fed our adults (with a fork, don't tell anyone!) but not the little ones. That would take a while to fed 11 of them.

Have you tried him with Superworms?

ashesc212

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
I've hand fed our adults (with a fork, don't tell anyone!) but not the little ones. That would take a while to fed 11 of them.

Have you tried him with Superworms?

Yep, he won't eat them. Beardie doesn't mind though - more for her! She eats them like potato chips. *chomp* *chomp* *chomp*

On a side note, can you send me your tegu cage plans? I need to move Kwayze and Weaver up and I have a lot of time on my hands now lol so I was thinking of building some terrariums. (gmail address...no longer at the other place)

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ashesc212 said:
On a side note, can you send me your tegu cage plans? I need to move Kwayze and Weaver up and I have a lot of time on my hands now lol so I was thinking of building some terrariums. (gmail address...no longer at the other place)
Email sent.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What were you feeding him in the past...mostly turkey and insects? What supplements were you using as well, and how often. Diet is just as important as UV for these little growing guys. :)

ashesc212

5 Year Member
laurarfl said:
What were you feeding him in the past...mostly turkey and insects? What supplements were you using as well, and how often. Diet is just as important as UV for these little growing guys. :)

Originally he was on crickets and would not eat the turkey. Then he went through a turkey eating phase and would avoid the crickets. Now he seems to be eating crickets again but avoiding his turkey. The feeders get calcium dustings 5x a week and multivite 2x. Oh, I'm trying to get him to eat raspberries now too. He ate a little.

I've only had him for three weeks so before that he was with Dave.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu