• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

my tegu sleeps too much

cabral

5 Year Member
hy everyone my tegu is slepping too much (or spending time in his hide)
i dont know what might be causing this but it may be because i bought him some days ago and he is getting used to his new home

for emaple: today i turned his lights on arround 10 am and he never got out until 10 mins ago ( its almost 7 pm)

plz , if someone can help me or advice me i would be very happy

santiago

cabral

5 Year Member
the basking spot in my tegus terrarium is at 90 ... thats ok ?
its odd but he spent 2.30 hours from 6 30pm to 9 pm really active , digging exploring basking etc and now hes back on his hide .....

Jer723

5 Year Member
akward_silence91 said:
100 or more is a lot. I keep the temp below a little for a good tropical feel. Same thing happened with my 'gu.

i thought the appropriate bask temp was 105 degees F thats what i heard from bobby. i just wanted to know?

MIKE-ZILLA

5 Year Member
I dont think it has to be exactly 105. for the basking site 95-110 is ok. but you need to have a cool end so they can thermoregulate(cool down) if you dont they will dig or roam the cage trying to climb the walls, or stay in water.how long have you had the tegu? it might still be getting used to its new home.

cabral

5 Year Member
thanks , i does have a cool side .....
i got him 5 days ago , and he is still getting used to his terrarium , the first 2 days i offerd him food because he had folds on his belly, he ate some... and now i will leave him alone for 3 days not even offering him food.... the i hope he gets back to eat as a normal tegu should...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980