• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Need Help Identifying ((Found A Gem At Reptile Show))

lilwyhunter

5 Year Member
So, I worked the Manchester Reptile Expo today and found a GEM of a tegu there. He's a little wild, but nothing that a little TLC can't knock out of him. Now, I'm absolutely positive we've got a new male on our hands, we've got little spur buds popping out, but I'm curious whether he's all B&W. I picked him up and brought him home because he had SO much white on him. At first I jumped, because I thought he might by like a platinum blue, but we've got no teardrop. So, you guys tell me, do I just have a high white on my hands, or possibly a mix?

The person I bought from said he'd only had him for two weeks. He also said that the last owner paid a pretty penny for him, think of my gasp when all he wanted was $100, so we have no idea about age, parents, and for all I know I could have a Varnyard Giant on my hands. Take a look and tell me what you think. : )

64928523.jpg

10432676.jpg

23090686.jpg

And a video with him and my yearling B&W --> <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slJyKsfg--A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slJyKsfg--A</a><!-- m -->

Thanks for help!!!

((Looking at him now, he could definitely be related to Blizzard, Varnyards yearling.))

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The captain said:
Get a shot of the underside of his neck.
Nice tegu![/quo

my argentine b/w normal has a v underneath his neck and he is a normal so that might not help but I mabe wrong does anyone else have a normal with the v

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Again,..my vote is for Extreme, 8) just from the head and seeing it next to your normal in the vid. But before the vid I still thought Extreme.

Even with out proof that it has a V or not,.. which isn't always present in.
Extreme or not for $100 bucks,..nice up grade :woot :app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.