• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

need ideas

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I got your PM, it all depends on what you want and if you have the means to provide for it after the initial purchase. Is the $700 for the lizard and setup or just the lizard?

roastedspleen

for both the lizard and the setup. aiming for something that grows about at least 2 feet when an adult and anything that isn't a bearded dragon.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
How are you going to supply whatever lizard you get with food? Are you going to be earning money and taking care of it yourself or are you going to be depending on your parents. There is a lot more to keeping a lizard than just the initial purchase, they generally need to be fed daily, a 2' lizard will require a fairly large enclosure. If you get a monitor, it will require high heat, deep dirt, and lots of insects/rodents.

What I would recommend is do some research and come up with 3-4 lizards that you are interested in and then ask for advice/opinions.

roastedspleen

TeguBuzz said:
Ackies monitor, that's what I'd get.

an ackie monitor??????? thats a lot of money. more than $700
its for both the lizard and everything it needs.

also james im not going to depend on my parents to raise it as they are the people i would go to last for help with it. im not a complete idiot and i know the initial purchase isnt everything... so can i have a sugestion now that isnt a gecko or a bearded dragon?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Blue tongue skink

You could get an Ackie and set it up for less than $700.

roastedspleen

hard to find any available but thats what i was aiming for
i found this classified add on kingsnake.

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=116&de=903079

again like the blue tongues an ackie is hard to find and even more expensive

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would second the uromastyx, more hardier and interseting then beardies, strict vegitarians, 4x2x2 enclosure will last most their entire life, just remember they require a basking temp of 130-135* and no water, like some tegus they will brumate nd not be as active during the winter mos. They make very ineresting house guess and can be very silly

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah no water, humidity will cause tail rot, keep them dry and hot and you will have a happy uro

Tegu Dude

roastedspleen said:
TeguBuzz said:
Ackies monitor, that's what I'd get.

an ackie monitor??????? thats a lot of money. more than $700
its for both the lizard and everything it needs.

also james im not going to depend on my parents to raise it as they are the people i would go to last for help with it. im not a complete idiot and i know the initial purchase isnt everything... so can i have a sugestion now that isnt a gecko or a bearded dragon?

I can sell you a red&white tegu with a complete setup for less than that, plus supply you with free feeders. Where are you located? Im in central AL.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029