• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Need one last bit of advice...

Schnab

5 Year Member
Just wanted to let you all know that in my previous topic all of your suggestions had helped out me alot.

But there's been a major setback in the trust building I've been trying to establish between me and my tegu. Thanks to my boyfriend's ignorance, he insisted on handeling the tegu to get him used to our hands even if it ment by taking him from under his hide. So now I have to start from scratch. All my progress down the drain :cry:

I just wanted to verifie something however, at this point will the trust between me and my tegu return if I keep doing what you guys suggested me to do in the first place? It's very discouraging for me at the moment, and I just hope that he's tamed before he gets big.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It can go back and forth. Don't worry about it. They're always skittish when they're young. It takes time for them to grow and realize they're not at the bottom of the food chain anymore. An adult Tegu has very little to worry about other than where his next meal will be coming from. Just take it slow and he'll come around. It may take a few months or a year but in the end you'll be proud to have a great pet like this!

Schnab

5 Year Member
Well thats good to hear, except for it may taking a year lol, but anyway I just fell in love with these guys when I found out about them! I'm just releaved that it won't always be this way. Patience patience I guess in the end it's all worth it. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980