• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

need some other feeding options

Zelera

5 Year Member
Hey people,Iwant to try and feed my B&W tegu some other type of fruit. I been feeding him grapes,strawberry's and blue Berry's.

So Can any one give me some idea's on other fruit to try he is getting tired of it and not really eating it anymore :crazy

No live food either, i kinda gave up wasting money on it cause he will not eat any live food.I have pretty much tryed everything.
so any fruit idea's or anything with vitamins would be very much appreciated :-D

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
Um your tegu needs to eat meat. I really don't know what to tell you. His diet should not be comprised of only fruit. That's a bad idea.
Some animals have food preferences, but your comments lead me to believe that something may be wrong with your husbandry practices. If you want to try a good food product try crawfish. Here's the breakdown:
Nutritional data for Frozen Whole Crawfish (Procambarus clarkii)
100 g edible weight:
Calories..................Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦90
Protein...................Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦.19 g
Total lipid fat......Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦1 g
Saturated fatÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦..0 g
Omega-3.................. 0.2 g
CholesterolÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦.135 mg
SodiumÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦.50 mg

As you can see, they are high in protein and low in fat. Check out the FDA website when researching food products.

Zelera

5 Year Member
i have tryed craw fish and he will not touch them.fruit is all he really seems to like. he will not eat mice,live or dead.its been a while since i tryed worms but he didn't eat them. i tryed fish at some point he didn't eat and like i said i tryed a craw fish last week and he won't even try it.

Picture001.jpg

redtail2426

5 Year Member
Have you tried cutting the mice open so he can taste the blood and maybe you could try some roaches. Or try a ground turkey ball with fruit mixed in it and see what he does.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Considering it's a Columbian, I would be really concerned that he isn't eating much meat. They are known to be primarily carnivorous, granted this doesn't mean some won't take fruits, I just think it may be a warning sign for some problems down the line.

angelrose

5 Year Member
PuffDragon said:
Considering it's a Columbian, I would be really concerned that he isn't eating much meat. They are known to be primarily carnivorous, granted this doesn't mean some won't take fruits, I just think it may be a warning sign for some problems down the line.

that's really the opposite of my colombian. I will put meat and little pieces of fruit in my meat chopper to get her to eat fruit.

as like redtail said you may have to cut'em a little (smell of blood).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus