• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

new and worried owner!!!!!!

bsu66

5 Year Member
hello everyone this is my first time owning a tegu. i have a feeling like im doing everything wrong, all he will eat is crickets and he will only eat those in his enclosure. first off i have had him for about three weeks he is still showing the green tint so i know he is young, he lives in a 40 gal tank with one other b and w that we got at the same time we have two hides on the left of the tank with a small under the tank heater under the more enclosed hide they are using repti bark for substrate, have a water dish in there and have a 150 uv basking light on the far right and a red nighttime light closer to the middle. the top is a fairly open homemade screen top.

i have a few concerns and questions

my major concern is that he will only eat crickets..... the guy we got them from said the would eat iams catfood but we had no luck with that. yesterday i tried a mixture of soft -boilled egg and ground turkey sprinkled with vitamins. i have also tried f/t and live pinkies with no luck...

i am also wondering if it would be better if i just got my own 20 gallon tank and kept him by himself instead of having him in the 40 gal with the other tegu...

i really think these are amazing creatures and i want to make sure i am doing everything right for him to have a good life. any help at all would be greatly appreciated

i have also have some pictures but dont know how to post them...

<<<thanks again for any words of wisdom you might have>>>[/img]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me