• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New baby Tegu always sleeps

Lucas

I got this baby red tegu a week ago. He's skittish which is no surprise based on how little he is. He seems to be completely healthy. The thing that worries me is that its June and he seems like hes going under. I've checked on him a few times. When I do he gets up for maybe an hour to sit under his lamp and then digs under again. His temps and humidity is normal. Is it normal for him to go under now, in june?

Mutablekitty

From my limited experience tegus like to sleep alot, atleast mine does. Is he still eating regularly? that could be a big clue.
Mine only comes out for a bit to eat and bask then goes and hides but during brumation he would barely get up at all. Maybe for like 10 minutes at a time and then sleep again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu