• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Blood!!!(I know you want some pics)

Mvskokee

5 Year Member
angriest snake in the entire world i swear.
IMG_1165.jpg
IMG_1164.jpg
IMG_1163.jpg

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yes they can be, bloods are very fast when they strike too. Good looking one tho, it has some real nice colors.

Mvskokee

5 Year Member
i swear if it was a gun it would be a machine gun.
i still love it though i think i can calm it down

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Aww...if you work with him a lot, she may docile down. They aren't always that mean...hell, with work, some even surpass the average ball python in how docile they are....not all, but some.
Have hope!
Say a prayer!
Good luck.

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
I wouldn't call her angry so much as very defensive. All bloods are fairly defensive, not so used to human interaction. Notice that most strike, recoil, and strike again. They are simply trying to deter you from coming too close. If small enough, put them on the bottom of an open air arboreal screen cage, like a chameleon cage. Then sit it on a table in front of you and occupy yourself with a book or something. they will strike over and over again but eventually give up. They can't hurt themselves and typically start to calm after so much failure in your deterence. I've used it on a pair of bloods and multiple BP rescues. HOWEVER curtis is the only kind of animal I've ever seen with a nasal memory. I had one blood that had strange circular scars on its back and the worst RI my vet had ever seen, he was defensive but with work calmed down, I took him outside for the first time and lit up a cigarette. He lit up my arms like a friggin christmas tree and I learned where the RI and scars came from.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980