• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New cage done.

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
First let me start by thanking Ralphy for his excellent tutorial...I am only 18 and this is the first thing I've ever build like this. No professional by any means, but I tried so here it is...the 4ft+ adult breeder male will be here on Tuesday, cant wait :D

P1000207.jpg

P1000206.jpg

P1000205.jpg

P1000204.jpg

P1000203.jpg

There you go, demensions 8x4x3 (only 3 high to fit through my door)...like I said I tried.

New pics with the adult male in it and decorations in it will be posted on tuesday.

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
well im still a student in high school with alot of free time, took around 4-5 days, primer paint and caulking was the worst part. And thanks :D

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You did a great job bro! You should be proud. Make sure to monitor the humidity with the screened doors. You might have to replace it with plexi glass.

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
Thanks alot. And yea I was reading shortly after ralphy made that cage he added the plexi glass where the screen was, I work at pizza hut lol so my income wasnt enough till my next paycheck for plexi glass haha. SO excited for the adult male in 2 days though, should love the big cage, I plan on building another one a bit smaller on top for my 26 inch b&w, then moving them together at equal size

LouDog760

5 Year Member
Awesome dude! I'm gonna be building one soon, and it will be my first time building something as well. So over all, did you think it was hard? Also how much did you pay in the end?

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
congrats on your new cage and im sure your tegu will love it, it makes me happy to know that someone is taking the initiative to make their own custom cage to maximize their animals comfort for the good of the animal.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
PuffDragon said:
You did a great job bro! You should be proud. Make sure to monitor the humidity with the screened doors. You might have to replace it with plexi glass.
I had to do that with mine.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ColdThirst's response is due to omgtaylorg's comment on his own enclosure thread. However it is unjustified and now turned into a pissing match. This is not needed or wanted here at Tegu Talk. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. To try and one up another member will not be looked kindly upon.

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
Very nice! If you choose to use screen and have humidity issues try these ideas:

Plexi Glass door
Plastic covering over the screen (saran wrap)
Humidifier

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
Thanks alot for the feedback, it took around 4-5 days because im a student with lots of spare time still in high school for a year, and it also costs around 150 or less for everything. And yes Ill probably be adding the plexi glass instead of the mesh screen I just had it on there for temporary use, ran out of money till next paycheck :D pizza hut pay :( lol

jacobsracing

5 Year Member
i use a reptifogger in my large enclosure. Works great. Humidity is holding steady as high as 80% if I crank it up. Hightly reccomend this product.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan